Lifestyle

Engaged? Get Planning For That Big Day Now

planning-that-day-now

Hello everyone!

Once the excitement has settled down and you’ve told all your friends, the reality of what lies ahead after your engagement, starts to register pretty quick.  You are going to need to get planning and pronto, there are some huge decisions to be made!

Not everyone wants to rush into the wedding but for some it can’t come quick enough.  Whatever decision you make planning is vital to make your big day the best it can be. Planning will also help you to reduce costs and be prepared for any issues.

planning-that-day-now

1. First things first, you had an engagement party right?  We hope so, big or small it can be a great place to start with plans.  Everyone wants to know when the big day is and if you know what kind of dress you will wear, so it can be a great way of finding out what you really want!

2. Start by talking about a date so you can get some save the date cards out in the post.  This is a really exciting first decision to make because it gets the countdown clock ticking.  Once you have decided on which season to get married in or chosen a meaningful day, you need to work out three wedding venues you like.  Check the venues have your dates free as some can be booked up for years! Then don’t delay.  Get the date in the diary and start telling your friends when it’s happening!

planning-that-day-now

3. Choosing your wedding bands will should be another high priority task.  You will be wearing these for the rest of your life.  Check out websites like www.diamondsforless.ca/engagement  and see what you think of the set designs or get some ideas from shops about what suits your engagement ring.

planning-that-day-now

4. Catering is the next big danger zone.  Once you have your venues booked you need to get a cater sorted quick smart. It can be hard deciding what food you want or if you are having a buffet later in the evening.  When should the food be served and do you want canapes during the speeches.  Talk to your caterer and get their advice and opinions then tell them your ideas and make them work.

5. You may want a theme to your wedding, this is the time to start the process.  If you aren’t naturally creative, hiring a wedding planner may help to bring your dreams to life.  Talk to your married friends and see if they have any good recommendations.  It’s good to use someone who you know.

planning-that-day-now

6. The vows are deeply meaningful and whilst many opt for tradition it is becoming fashionable to write your own vows and really take the opportunity to tell your partner what they mean to you and how you are going to treat this forever bond.  You can write them together or in secret.

7. Finally, make sure your family don’t try to influence the day.  If you want to make special changes to ensure certain members of your circle are happy, then do.  But remember this is your big day and no one should be making it hard for you.  As long as you and your husband to be are happy, all of your guests should be happy.

Now, your turn? How did you plan your wedding? How are you planning that big day if you just got engaged? Let us know in the comment section below.

All images free at Pexels

You can find me also here:

FACEBOOK / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / PINTEREST / TUMBLR

Share:
Previous Post Next Post

SAME CATEGORY

• Reply Jasmin N

Wedding planning was so much fun, but it also was the worst thing I’ve ever done 😀 I loved it and hated it so much at the same time it was ridiculous haha 😀 Wonderful tips here!

February 20, 2017 at 5:52 pm
  • Reply Rhiannon Howard

Thanks for sharing, I will save for in the future 🙂

February 20, 2017 at 6:41 pm
  • Reply Perla

Planning a wedding is more pleasant and much fun today than it used to be when I got married. I like the list you made for those interested, it shows an organized mind. And for sure will help to keep things under control.

February 21, 2017 at 2:00 am
  • Reply Prerna Garg

These are some wonderful tips because wedding planning can get to you sometimes. I enjoyed every bit of my wedding planning but it can get too tiring!

February 21, 2017 at 4:42 am
  • Reply Maikel

This seems like such a lovely journey. I think its such a dream

February 21, 2017 at 11:39 am
  • Reply Sabine

Oh I remember our wedding prep and wedding day! It’s the best time ever! 🙂 However I like being pregnant too! Congratulations my dear!

February 21, 2017 at 2:26 pm
  • Reply Oindrila Sengupta

My friend recently got engaged. I could suggest these tips to her. 😀 Would be of great help.

February 23, 2017 at 12:27 pm
  • Reply HOWIMETMYSTYLE

What a lovely post! Will safe that for the future 😀 Beautiful images btw!!

March 1, 2017 at 7:57 pm
  • Reply Floortje

Looks like a wonderful time!

Xx,

|| FLOORTJELOVES ||

March 1, 2017 at 8:27 pm
  • Reply Denise

Wedding planning is so exciting but when in-laws start getting involved & interfering with things then you just prefer to go away & do it so you can enjoy your day without meddling people! I found that as soon as you mention weddings then a lot of places bumped up the costs & you were charged a lot more for things.

March 2, 2017 at 7:27 pm
  • Reply kittylimon

When my partner and I got engaged we expected to be married within 2 years that didn’t happen but we’re okay with it, now we have more time to fine tune details and ensure everything is perfect, thanks for the tips 🙂

March 6, 2017 at 4:02 pm
  • Reply Danielle

Wedding planning was the death of me! It was fun but stressful at time! I wish I had a list like this to follow. All I can say is pinterest saved my life haha 🙂 I got married in Oct. 2016 and it was fabulous! I am actually sad it is over and wish I could replay that special day again♥ Great post!

March 8, 2017 at 7:56 pm
  • Reply Krista

Wedding planning sounds like so much fun, even though there’s a lot that gets put into it! Thanks for outlining and prioritizing these steps… it really breaks down the process into simple, manageable tasks!

March 9, 2017 at 3:03 am
  • Reply Sophie Gillum-Webb

I agree about family influencing the day it’s important to remember it’s your special moment and it should be entirely what you want not what others think it should be! Really informative and helpful post!

Sophie x