Lifestyle

Streamline Your Morning: Get Rid Of Clutter And Become More Organized

get-rid-clutter-become-organized

Hello everyone!

More often than not, mornings are a rush. Even if you’re well-rested and ready to face the day, the sheer length of your morning routine can slow you down and leave you either rushing breakfast, or skipping it altogether in a rush to get to work on time.

This is not the ideal way to start the day. Chances are you’ll still feel like you’re being rushed and hurried as you go about the rest of the day, which can put unnecessary stress on your body. Well, I say no more! Let’s see what changes you can make to your lifestyle in order to get your mornings off to the right start

get-rid-clutter-become-organized

Clear Your Wardrobe

The problem with having a different outfit for every occasion, is having too many options. You can spend several minutes standing in front of your closet each morning, still indecisive about what you’d like to wear. One option is to plan your outfit the night before. However, if you think you need to clear some space in the wardrobe anyway, why not consider making a capsule wardrobe to free up a significant amount of time every morning, and even before a night out. This may be a better option if your closet is full of items that you haven’t worn for years.

get-rid-clutter-become-organized

Clear Your Hair Products

After you jump out of the shower, wrap your hair in an absorbent towel and leave it there as you go about your morning. Before you leave the house, quickly blow dry the scalp and the ends and then run a brush through it. Don’t attempt any elaborate hairstyles; either leave it down or sweep it up into a bun, ponytail, or something you know you can do quickly.

Clear Your Product Collection

If most of your morning is spent in front of the bathroom countertop or your vanity searching for your face cream du jour, it’s time to shave precious seconds off that time. Throw away products that are expired, you haven’t used for a while, or are duplicates of something you already have. When you begin your skin care routine in the morning, you should be able to quickly pick out the product you need and get on with it.

get-rid-clutter-become-organized

Clear Your Makeup Drawer

Remember, you’re not dressing up for a night out. Unless it’s a very special occasion, your daily makeup routine should not be taking up more than five minutes of your time. If you take too long to do your makeup, you either need to practice your routine, or you need to clear some products out of your makeup bag. However, if you’ve already cleared out the expired products, you can speed up your mornings if you have the makeup you use daily out and ready to apply. Another way to save you time is to admit to yourself that you are not as skilled with liquid eyeliner as you think you are, and skip that step altogether.

And what about you? Do you have a daily morning routine? Is there any secret that you would like to share with us? Let us know everything in the comment section below.

Images free at Pixabay

You can find me also here:

FACEBOOK / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / PINTEREST / TUMBLR

Share:
Previous Post Next Post

SAME CATEGORY

• Reply Jasmin N

I just went through a map where we keep all the important paperwork & holy crap there was so much unimportant shit, to be honest. 😀
    Organising stuff is my favourite thing to do & I can’t wait for Easter so I can start my annual Spring cleaning through the apartment 😀

♥ Jasmin N
    // Little Things With Jassy

April 12, 2017 at 5:09 pm
  • Reply Karoliina Kazi

Keeping stuff organised helps so much, it’s easier to find everything you need and somehow it keeps your mind calmer in general. Great tips!

April 12, 2017 at 5:18 pm
  • Reply Thomas

I think that clean wardrobe and organised stuffs are half job done 🙂 Amazing post 🙂

April 12, 2017 at 5:55 pm
  • Reply Lorena

I’ve been on a clothes shopping ban that has extended to hair and body products. I’ve realised the drawers are full of items I have not even used once ! So I am all for using them up before getting any more…

April 12, 2017 at 7:14 pm
  • Reply Beth

The tidying bug has bit me now that it is Spring! I’ve never thought of this sort of cleaning in regards to making morning routine easier but it makes total sense. Now I’m even more encouraged to get into some spring cleaning!! 🙂

April 12, 2017 at 7:39 pm
  • Reply Heidi

These are really good ideas! I have organized my skincare products like daily on the front and weekly on the back. And clothes are like what I use the most, they are easily to grab.

Heidi |  Heidi’s Planner

April 12, 2017 at 8:31 pm
  • Reply Mary

These are great tips. I would love to learn more about a capsule wardrobe and just recently cleaned out my closet. I feel like I could clean it out again once more after reading this!

April 12, 2017 at 9:09 pm
  • Reply Charlotte hagyard

I think organisation is key to a happy life! Thankyou for another great post xx

April 12, 2017 at 10:30 pm
  • Reply Sophia

I wear literally the same stuff every day, and let my hair dry naturally and now I can be up and out of the house in about 15 minutes! xx Great stuff.

Sophia xx http://sophiawhitham.co.uk

April 13, 2017 at 1:51 pm
  • Reply Megan

These are awesome tips! I definitely believe in clearing out your wardrobe and make-up products. There’s nothing more annoying than being in a rush, and wanting to get out the door, and having all your things scattered all over the place. (Been there, done that Lol! 😂

April 13, 2017 at 2:03 pm
  • Reply Ree love30

I really need to do all of these things! First thing, my wardrobe. I haven’t cleared that out in years! Ree love30

April 13, 2017 at 5:41 pm
  • Reply Emma

I don’t think I could ever have a capsule wardrobe, but I 1000% agree with the fact that you should organize your wardrobe. A clear wardrobe = clear mind

E. / http://www.brooklynisburning.co

April 13, 2017 at 10:04 pm
  • Reply Hena

Ok that’s it. I’m cleaning my wardrobe in the morning! Thanks.

April 14, 2017 at 1:26 am
  • Reply Lacee

These are simple tips that do wonders! Also, cleaning makeup brushes. Eek I don’t clean mine enough! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

April 14, 2017 at 3:39 am
  • Reply Cacia

Great tips and this is perfect timing for my spring cleaning!

April 14, 2017 at 5:56 am
  • Reply Stella Asteria

Such great tips for a more organised life my dear Helene! I am such an organising freak and always enjoy reading posts like this! 😀 I clean my wardrobe, makeup drawer and everything in between at least once per month as there are always things I don’t use and just create more and more clutter!
    Thanks for sharing! I hope you’re doing great and wish you a lovely weekend!
    Kisses from Paris!
    xoxo
    Stella

April 14, 2017 at 1:16 pm
  • Reply Cassidy's Adventures

This is so great! Mornings can be a struggle when we aren’t organized.

April 14, 2017 at 4:39 pm
  • Reply Lea

I just recently did a big clear out and it was so good. Now I know for which product to reach for and everything is so much less stressful in the mornings.
    Lea, xx