Don’t Ever Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle

Hello everyone!

I was reading a fantastic article the other day that was all about people’s biggest regrets in life, and at the top of the list was confidence. That was the one thing people wish they’d had more of. They wish they’d been more confident in who they were because self-confidence is often the defining factor in what allows someone to chase their dreams and not ponder what if.

Of course, confidence isn’t something that you can just purchase from a vending machine or buy over the counter at your local pharmacy. However, there are certain things you can do to start topping up your self-confidence meter. Some may work wonders, others may fall flat on their face and a few may come together like Power Rangers to make a sort of confidence Megazord.

Don't Ever Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle

Look A Million Dollars & You’ll Feel It

The way we look has so much sway over how we feel because it is the only part of who we are that others can see, at least at first. So work on your self-confidence by starting with your self-image. Take a shower, shave your legs, groom your hair, and dress like the person you want to be. All of these things will have a huge impact on how you feel when you look in the mirror, and you’ll be able to stride out of that door with more confidence than The Rock at Wrestlemania, or whoever your confidence hero is.

Smile Like You Mean

This may seem a little trite to you, but according to Dr. Pedram Soleimani, smiling has been proved to have a huge impact on our state of mind and our immediate emotion. If you don’t believe us, then try it. Next time you are walking down the street and you are feeling a little anxious, try smiling. Put your earphones in, put on your happy song and smile. This tiny thing tends to have a chain reaction that envelops your whole body. It starts with a smile and it ends with you taking on Everest.

Don't Ever Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle

Be The Change You Want To See

We can absorb so much confidence by instilling it in others; make them feel great. Compliment someone on something, whether it be the looks, their style, their generosity or their personality. Giving others confidence, helping them be the best person they can be, wow, that has this incredible effect on our own levels of confidence. But don’t just talk the talk, walk the walk too. Be generous. Go out of your way to help others, either with money, time or unwanted stuff. By doing something bigger than just us we experience something wonderful, something intrinsic that triggers a new found confidence.

Don't Ever Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle

Know Who You Really Are

This is something that is becoming harder and harder to do because there is so much noise that fills our lives these days. Social media is one of the worst culprits for that; that fact we are all famous to some degree, in some circles. That can equate a lot of pressure to handle, and we start presenting ourselves as we want to be seen without ever really giving ourselves the chance to get to know who we are. I recommend you give yourself this chance if you want to find self-confidence. Put down your phone. Go for a walk by yourself. Book a solo holiday. Travel for a month and avoid the tourist traps. Take up a hobby. Whatever it is, be proud of who you are and remember, there is no competition because you’re the only you in the whole world.

And what about you? Where and how do you find confidence? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.

Images free at Pixabay and Pexels

You can find me also here:

FACEBOOK / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / PINTEREST / TUMBLR

1. May 10, 2017 / 11:07 pm

Salut Helene, this is so true. Sometimes we ask ourselves why we did not have the confidence to do something …
    I also liked the tips, smiling can make such a difference !

2. May 12, 2017 / 12:39 am

NEver a truer word spoken! So many people want to steal your shine (I’ll never understand why) and we can’t let them. Knowing who you are is crucial.

3. May 15, 2017 / 11:37 am

Loved the tips, I completely agree, a smile can do A LOT! 🙂 Thanks for sharing x

4. May 15, 2017 / 11:56 am

Love this post. What a great read and I totally agree a smile can do a lot. Thank you for sharing. Look forward to reading more of your work.

5. May 15, 2017 / 12:36 pm

I find that smiling really does help! Even when you feel terrible… a smile somehow makes you feel like things will get better.

6. May 15, 2017 / 1:19 pm

I couldn’t agree more with you, great post and thanks for sharing.

7. May 15, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Smiling makes all the difference! Love this post, and I so agree with you!

8. May 15, 2017 / 7:15 pm

This was such an amazing and inspirational post! I’m on my way to feel confident in my body again. Although, I don’t want to get my hopes too up if it’s not going to work but let’s keep our fingers crossed!

9. May 15, 2017 / 8:36 pm

Your tips are spot on! I used to struggle so much with confidence…but as with a lot things, I’ve grown more confident with age.

10. May 15, 2017 / 9:16 pm

Amazing post Helene – these little tips are so useful and simple and make such a difference. Thanks for reminding me ❤️

11. Perla
    May 15, 2017 / 10:12 pm

All the tips are helpful to boost the confidence indeed. Time works in favor of it too, as in time people get to know themselves better, are more integrated in society, have a career and learn to have a wider circle of good positive friends.

12. May 16, 2017 / 2:24 am

I love dressing up and making myself feel put together! Definitely helps my self confidence!

13. May 16, 2017 / 3:29 am

Smiling really does have an impact on your mood. I find that when I smile it helps me feel more positive x

14. May 16, 2017 / 7:06 am

I see what you meant when you mentioned “smiling”. As I’m writing this, I’m smiling. And although I don’t actually feel any joy from it, it does seem to lift and lighten my mood a little.

So many things have been going on in my head recently. And honestly, I thought I was gonna go crazy. I’m currently trying to get myself out from the negativity that I have created for myself. It’s so tough, and I thank you for this post. Reading such posts have helped me in my recovery.

15. May 16, 2017 / 9:54 am

I heard even that people can apparently hear it through the phone when you smile while talking through the phone!

16. May 17, 2017 / 2:09 pm

This is so true. With a little bit of effort you can change so much. I love dressing up when ever I need a pick me up. Thanks for sharing.
    Lea, xx

17. Tereza
    May 21, 2017 / 8:02 pm

What a lovely article – it’s always nice to be reminded of these little spots of encouragement! Thank you Helene:) x

18. May 24, 2017 / 10:50 am

couldn’t agree more some of these points were really spot on, i always find my confidence wavering depending on how i feel that day but usually doing my hair or just smiling can make you feel a little better 🙂