Traveling around the world can be a favorite pastime for many people. It allows you to explore your knowledge and understanding of the world and how others live their lives. Traveling gives you the opportunity to not only learn about different aspects of the world but also about oneself. If you are a Travel Freak, then you are already aware of these great perks. However, if you are new to traveling and are interested in doing so quite often, you will want to learn the ropes of how to travel while staying on a budget. This article will give you some tips to do just that!
Book your flight during the week
- The best time to book your flight is during the week. Many airlines will discount fares during the week, specifically Tuesday afternoons around 3:00PM. Be sure to compare prices with various airlines to make sure that you are getting the best deal. The other key is to not book your flight too early yet not too late either. Try to book your flight at least 2 weeks in advance to save the money on your airfare. Sometimes you can get great spur of the moment flights for last minute trips but if you are on a budget, it is best not to bank on this.
Try to stay over a Saturday night
- Try to book your vacation so that you are staying over a Saturday night. Most hotels want to sell a Saturday night and will give you a better overall rate if you can make your stay over a Saturday which check out on Sunday. As with searching for airfare, be sure to explore various hotel options and look for deals on WiFi, breakfast, and parking being included. Some hotels may advertise a great rate for the room, but upon check-in you are asked to pay a resort fee which can bump the price of the room up considerably. For example, if you book a hotel room in Atlantic City, New Jersey for $75, you will likely be required to pay a mandatory $25 resort fee upon check-in. While this fee often includes breakfast and internet connection, it can add up quickly.
Consider booking your accommodations by using Airbnb or in a hostel
- To save money on your accommodations, many are choosing to book apartments or rooms through private entities on Airbnb. This gives you the opportunity to stay within a neighborhood or area of town where the locals are likely to hang out. The cost of staying in an Airbnb is often drastically cheaper than a hotel. If you are on a very tight budget and do not mind sharing a bathroom or sleeping quarters with others, consider booking a hostel. This is the cheapest option while traveling but there are no luxuries and privacy is limited.
- If you are planning to travel around the world on a budget, be sure to pack light as you do not want to have to spend money on carts and extra transportation for moving your luggage from one city to the next.
Bring your own snacks and a water bottle
- Packing your own snacks and a water bottle can save you a great deal of money over the course of your trip. If you do not have much room in your luggage, be on the lookout for local markets where you can pick up some fresh produce for snacks at a low price. Avoid purchasing snacks and water from your hotel or the local vending machine as you will spend a great deal more than if you were to bring your own or stop by a local market.
So, here is it, five tips while travelling on a budget! Let us know your tips in the comment section below. As always, thank you for visiting and have a great day!
Images free at Pixabay