FIVE PROS AND CONS TO WORKING IN CHINA

FIVE PROS AND CONS TO WORKING IN CHINA

China is one of the biggest economies in the world today. Therefore, I am not going to stop you if you are considering moving there for more opportunities and prospects. However, I would like you to examine several factors before shifting base and taking and internship in China. Here are 5 pros and cons to working in China!

1. Introduction to a new culture/ attractions (Pro)

You will be introduced to a new culture upon your arrival in China, something that you are not accustomed to in the Western parts of the world. In addition to that, you will also get the opportunity to visit several attractions such as the Great Wall of China, Mount Tai and Terracotta Warriors etc. There isn’t a dearth of historic museums in the country too; hence, if you want to learn about the history of the country, you can consider visiting these museums. There is something for everyone to do and see in the country; I can assure you that you will never be bored. working-china

1. Safe working environment (Pro)

You should already be aware that China has an unforgiving judicial system. Therefore, there aren’t a lot of crimes committed in this country. With CCTV cameras ubiquitous all over the country, you can bet your bottom dollar that China provides a safe working environment! The law enforcers track down every suspect as if they were the most dangerous terrorists in the world. Safety is definitely not a factor you should worry about when you are in China.

1. Wonderful infrastructure and low cost of living (Pro)

What can you expect from the second largest economy in the world? The infrastructure in the country is simply exceptional! What about transportation in the country? Well, the country boasts of easily accessible high speed trains, state-of-the-art subway systems and modern airports. Since most of these infrastructures are provided and funded by the government, traveling around in China is dirt cheap. In addition to that, the food in the country is also relatively cheap. You will be able to afford a plate of Ravioli for as little as 2 Euros! Plus, we can’t stop waxing lyrical about Chinese food; they are simply mouthwatering!

working-china

1. Pollution (Con)

The country has benefited tremendously from its industrial projects and many developments. However, there are two sides of the same coin and the rapid development in the country has led to uncontrollable air and water pollution. Therefore, if you are allergic to dust and other forms of pollution, we would advise you to stay away from China.

1. Bad Health Care (Con)

You can’t expect to have Western style health care in China, and if you do, you must shell out a pretty penny. It is also extremely difficult acquiring strong medication in the country. The doctors are generally hesitant to prescribe stronger medication. Also, a lot of insurance companies in the country require you to spend out of your wallet in the beginning, before reimbursing you later. It is compulsory for you as a foreigner in the country to have a health insurance.

So, have you ever thought about moving to China? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Unsplash

1. July 31, 2017 / 2:40 pm

Nice post. Moving to another city would be a big change so I can imagine how huge it must be to move to another country. However, you can find beauty and something positive everywhere, right? 🙂

2. Mika
    July 31, 2017 / 5:35 pm

I haven’t thought of moving to China but I love me a country with a great culture and a low cost of living 🙂

3. July 31, 2017 / 7:24 pm

I’d love to experience life in another city! China sounds lovely (minus the pollution and healthcare haha) The culture especially is so appealing.

Sophia x http://sophiawhitham.co.uk

4. July 31, 2017 / 8:09 pm

To me, the pros exceed the cons big time! I’d consider moving there if given the chance. I moved from my country (Costa Rica) to South Africa and did pretty well, love me some adventure!

5. July 31, 2017 / 11:58 pm

Oh my gosh what an amazing opportunity to have! I have always wanted to experience living abroad!

6. August 1, 2017 / 9:25 am

I’ve never thought about or considered working in China, though it’s some place I would enjoy visiting one day. From your list it seems like there are more pros then cons to working in China. I’ve really enjoyed living in Germany, so I would probably enjoy living in China too, after the adjustment of course.

7. August 1, 2017 / 2:01 pm

Well there are not much cons if I see, although pollution is a big factor if you want to live healthy life. I don’t know if I ever get a chance to stay in china for work but reading your blog post, I would love to give it a try. By the way images are beautiful. Thanks for sharing the information with us 🙂 Learnt a little more about china.

8. August 10, 2017 / 12:00 pm

This post is just remind of part a big city in China, its Shanghai. I was living or travel often to Shanghai too before. But it was really crowded city with full of traffic and polution. But in other thing is really beautiful and fantastic Metropole city.
    XOX

9. August 10, 2017 / 3:50 pm

Oh too bad of the cons, but the pro’s seem to be worth it. Who has the biggest world economy by the way?

10. August 10, 2017 / 4:15 pm

I would only consider visiting as a tourist but working in China isn’t something I’m wildly attracted to. I wish I can come once, it’s a totally different culture than mine and I like to learn more about different cultures – it’s so enriching for the mind and soul.

11. Kaylee
    August 10, 2017 / 4:39 pm

I have always been in love with the idea of moving to a new country and living there for a little while. I think it’s incredible how people all around the world experience such different cultures. I think China would be a nice place to work for a few years.

August 10, 2017 / 6:52 pm

Loved this! But to be honest, I could never move there. I don’t think I’d learn the language haha 😀

13. August 11, 2017 / 7:04 am

I always thought that the language barrier would be the major con hehe. Didn’t know at all about the bad healthcare!

14. Ally
    August 11, 2017 / 9:44 am

I have been always thinking about China as a country, where I want to travel, but not live, because there´s a lot of people and of course contaminated environment. Chinese lifestyle is for me very “strict”, haha, I don´t think I would be able to live there, cause I don´t like this kind of life where everything is perfectly arranged 🙂 Maybe it´s just my thoughts and maybe it will change when I will chance to see it in real life, but right now, I can´t imagine living there.

Ally,

15. August 11, 2017 / 8:13 pm

Interesting breakdown..it’s nice that China is relatively safe…it’s even nice that you have live a standard life that isn’t too expensive..I’m not about to come make money and spend it all on bills