MY TOP 10: PLACES I WANT TO VISIT

MY TOP 10: PLACES I WANT TO VISIT

I  traveled abroad for the first time when I was 24. It was my first trip out of Greece, my first trip by airplane and my first long distance trip: I visited L.A., Los Angeles in the United States. I don’t want to sound cliche and start saying that it was the trip that formed my ”travel behavior” but I must say that this is pretty much true.

Ever since that day I have dreamed of visiting many places in the world, in Europe, out of Europe and all around the world. Some of these dreams came true and I have visited a few big cities so far , like Paris (which I ADORE), London, or Rome but some other places are always on my mind. So today I am sharing with you my top 10 places and monuments I have always wanted to visit, at least once in my life.

Number one:

NEW YORK/U.S. If someone told me “you are going on a trip, choose where to!” I would choose New York without hesitation. When I was in middle school I was borrowing Cosmo from high school girls and New York was standing out, far, shiny and very inviting.  I have sung about N.Y. in countless songs, I have admired N.Y. in hundreds of movies and in several books I have walked the N.Y. streets and tasted her scent. No wonder it’s on the top of my list. top-10-places-want-to-visit

Historical monuments:

MACHU PICHHU/PERU Machu Picchu is one of the most important archaeological sites in the world and an   Unesco World Heritage Site. No other reasons needed to be in my list.

my-top-ten-places-visit

TAZ MAHAL/INDIA Besides being a charming and unique palace, there is also a great love story that never stops to move people in love and romance. One of the 7 wonders in the world, monument of Unesco World Heritage, it definitely has a place on my list.

top-10-places-want-to-visit

EGYPTIAN PYRAMIDS/EGYPT Unsolved mysteries, curses, riddles, inexplicable deaths and legends create a destination so powerful in my eyes that I have to visit one day.

top-10-places-want-to-visit

Big, modern cities:

TOKYO/JAPAN A modern metropolitan city where you can feel “lost in translation”. Pioneer in technology, finance and architecture, Tokyo attracts thousands of visitors combining the eastern past with the western way of life. That combinations attracts me to see.

top-10-places-want-to-visit

SYDNEY/AUSTRALIA There are so many reasons I want to visit Sidney and that continent so far away from Europe. For the moment I will only mention a) Bondi beach and b) Opera house.

top-10-places-want-to-visit

STOCKHOLM/SWEDEN This beautiful and vivid “city between bridges” up on the north of Europe represents the Scandinavian model of life in the best possible way. What better than visit a city and have the feeling you saw more than one?

top-10-places-want-to-visit

Exotic or paradise on earth:

POSITANO/ITALY  Built on top of cliffs with Mediterranean gardens and magical view, Positano stole my heart when i saw it for the first time on a Hollywood movie. Since then i dream of going there when reading travelers articles of their experience. Hope to visit Positano myself and write about my own experience soon…

top-10-places-want-to-visit

BORA-BORA/FRENCH POLYNESIA Many years ago my aunt (she had just got married but didn’t go on an exotic destination honeymoon) promised to give me a Bora Bora honeymoon trip. From that moment after, i searched information about the area and started dreaming magical beaches and sunsets and sandy islands hidden in tropical forests. For better or worse i didn’t get married till now and i never got the dream honeymoon. Bora Bora remains my dream trip hopefully to come true soon.

top-10-places-want-to-visit

BALI/IDONESIA  I left Bali last, because i don’t want to go there just for a week or 10 days. I want to stay there for a month at least. To leave behind my every day routine, my worries for my present and future that never seem to end. To live in the nature, in another culture very different from mine, which is worth getting to know it.

top-10-places-want-to-visit

So what’s the travel destination you would like to visit soon?

Feel free to share it with us in the comments section below.

(Images free at Unsplash)

1. Eirini
    October 9, 2016 / 12:31 pm

Great list! I love New York and Positano. Thanks for sharing!

2. October 9, 2016 / 2:22 pm

An alternative to Bali is Boracay! I loved it so much. I will post about it over on Ampersond.com in a few weeks. Great collection of cities you have here!

• October 17, 2016 / 12:29 am

Thank you for stopping by Christian! I will visit your blog soon and hope to find the post for Boracay.

• October 17, 2016 / 12:31 am

Thank you for your kind comment Jasmin!

3. October 9, 2016 / 4:29 pm

Great post and amazing places. Hope your wish list come true. New York is on my wish list too. Glad to know that BALI is on your wish list. Absolutely you shall visit this place. As Bali have so many culture and tradition and beautiful nature and of course delicious Indonesian foods too.
    XOX, Kintan

• October 17, 2016 / 12:49 am

Thank you so much for your kind comment Kintan!

4. October 9, 2016 / 7:00 pm

We recently went to Postanio on a family holiday and it was very beautiful.

• October 17, 2016 / 12:33 am

Thank you for stopping by Kelly!

• October 17, 2016 / 12:37 am

Glad you liked the list! Thank you for stopping by Karolina!

• October 17, 2016 / 12:39 am

I hope to visit Machu Picchu very soon. Thank you for stopping by!

5. October 10, 2016 / 9:52 am

There is definitely a few places here I’d love to go! I’ve just came back from NY and doing a mini series about it on the blog, there’s just so much going on that to remember it all, I need to write it down☺️ For me, I’d love to go to Iceland and experience the Northern Lights xx

• October 17, 2016 / 12:41 am

Thank you for stopping by Luisa. New York is a must for me. After finishing my list i would love to visit Iceland as well!

6. October 10, 2016 / 4:39 pm

I agree with all of these – except I’m lucky enough to have visited New York (although years ago so I’m ready to go back) and Tokyo which I went to this summer!

• October 17, 2016 / 12:44 am

Glad you liked my list Milli! Thank you for stopping by!

7. October 11, 2016 / 1:48 pm

love all of these places sound great 😀

• October 17, 2016 / 12:45 am

Thank you so much for stopping by!

8. Anda
    October 11, 2016 / 3:35 pm

I wanna visit new York too! Great choices!

9. Diana
    October 19, 2016 / 11:14 am

Stockholm is the first place i would like to visit this year. Thanks for sharing your list Helene.

10. June 30, 2017 / 1:39 pm

Great list, I too would love to visit NY and Tokyo !!

11. June 30, 2017 / 2:09 pm

Peru and Australia are also at the top of my list! Hoping to get to one of those soon:) New York City is nice, but not quite as magical as it’s made out to be in the movies:)

12. June 30, 2017 / 2:47 pm

All of these! This is pretty much my travel bucket list.

13. June 30, 2017 / 9:25 pm

There are a few places I want to go. I just came back from NYC so crossed out of my list. I also did French Polynesia years ago, it was really wonderful! But definitely Egypt, Japan, Latin America, Sri Lanka, and so many others

14. July 1, 2017 / 8:13 pm

Oh yes, great list! I’ll come with you when you go to each place!! Please?! haha

15. October 8, 2018 / 9:53 pm

I grew up in NY and it always makes me smile to see it be on travel bucket lists. It reminds me how lucky I was, without even knowing it! I’d love to visit Tokyo! That is definitely on my Asia bucket list!

16. October 9, 2018 / 12:18 am

As a native New Yorker, I can’t say I blame you for wanting to visit- the city is something truly special. Though it can be a bit overwhelming at first, when you do make it out here, I hope it lives up to all of your expectations!

17. October 9, 2018 / 2:07 am

Completely agree and have most of these on my bucket list as well. From New York City to Machu Picchu; a bit of everything spectacular. I have had quite a few friends do the Machu Picchu trek, what a moving experience.

18. October 9, 2018 / 3:28 am

I would be happy with any one of those! I really want to go to New Zealand at some point, too. And see the Northern Lights.

19. Christa
    October 9, 2018 / 6:32 am

This is a great list! I was born and raised in New York City, so of course I think you have to go. It’s one of my favorite places in the world. 😀

20. October 9, 2018 / 7:12 am

Tokyo and the rest of Japan has been on my bucket list for ages. I hope to be able to go in two and a half years for my husbands sabbatical. I am so looking forward to it! I want to see New York during the new years celebration and watch the ball drop! But I haven’t figure out how I’ll do that yet, as it draws quite the crowds!

21. October 9, 2018 / 11:30 am

What a fab destination wish list. Been to a few of the places including new York city. However Machu Picchu is deffo one I would love xx

22. Reesa Lewandowski
    October 9, 2018 / 1:33 pm

This is a great travel bucket list!!! I agree with a lot of your picks!

23. chelf
    October 9, 2018 / 4:43 pm

I always wanted to travel to japan and dive into the culture! I watch vlogs all the time and my wonderlust is growing! Fingers crossed I’ll make it soon!

24. October 9, 2018 / 6:18 pm

Italy is definitely on my list of places to visit; I’d like to travel to multiple cities there. I used to want to check out Australia, but got too scared about all of the spiders and snakes that reside there.

25. October 10, 2018 / 12:25 am

All of these places are lovely and having visited some of them, I do hope you get to start living this dream soon.

26. October 10, 2018 / 2:44 pm

Travel is definitely amazing. I hope that you are able to do more soon. New York is the only one I’ve been to on your list but everyone should visit there at least once, I think. I’d love to see Italy and Sweden also like you. Have fun!

27. October 11, 2018 / 2:49 am

I’m hoping to go to Crete with the kids next year, but I’d happily visit any of these places on your list. They look fab!

Louise x

28. Lindsay Joseph
    October 11, 2018 / 3:27 am

I’m from the New England (born and raised) and I just started going to NYC this summer. But Australia and Toyko are also on my list of places to go.