WHY AN AMAZING VACATION IS IMPROVED WITH A CAR

WHY AN AMAZING VACATION IS IMPROVED WITH A CAR

Sometimes, it doesn’t make much sense to do all of you travelling by broom. When you land in a new location, you usually have to use taxis and other forms of public transport. Or you have to be driven around by the people who you’ve come to visit, if you’re visiting specific people. Basically, you become reliant on others for your travel needs. This can feel pretty darn restricting. One of your options, of course, is to rent a vehicle for your trip.

amazing-vacation-improved-car

But this is rarely something that fills people with excitement

When we think about driving, we often think about mundane, everyday things. The drive to work. The drive back home. The drive to the store. The drive to and from school. People see vacations as a break from reality. And renting a car can sometimes feel like you’re inviting some of that everyday mundanities into your vacation.
Perhaps you should be looking at it in another way. What really makes a vacation such a break from reality? For most people, it’s the break from stress. Having a break from stress is now one of the most important things you can do. Your vacation should go as smoothly as possible, which means being able to relax and being able to take control. Actually having a car so you can drive yourself around can help you with all of this.

amazing-vacation-improved-car

Some people will go as far as to transport their own vehicle to their vacation destination. Personally, I’m not sure that’s such a good idea. The logistics of such a thing are usually complex and expensive. Unless you’re taking a boat to your destination, I wouldn’t recommend it. It may seem like a smarter alternative to rental. But it often turns out to be more stressful, as well as more expensive.

Plus, you have to remember that your car may not fit the standards of the roads of your destination. This is especially important for those who have cars that have steering wheels to the right of the vehicle. You can easily rent a car and go straight from the airport. This ensures that the vehicle is safe and legal in that country. It also speeds the entire process up. After all, who looks back with fondness on getting out of an airport using public transport and taxis?

amazing-vacation-improved-car

Renting a car allows you much more freedom and convenience at your destination

If you have to rely on public transport, then you’re going to be restricted by times, confusing routes, and inconvenient stops. But a car opens you up to a lot more options when travelling. It can help you reach accommodation that is a little out of the way – accommodation that’s usually much cheaper. It also gives you the freedom to explore off the beaten track. After all, a lot of public transport will be catered towards popular tourist destinations.
It also helps you keep some level of privacy. When you’re on vacation, you’re often in public. Eating in restaurants, frequenting busy stores – even your hotel room can be entered by other people. A car can actually grant you a bit of peace and quiet!

Do you like driving? Do you often rent a car to your vacation destination? Let us know in the comment section below.

Image credits: Driver Red car Silver car Featured Image

1. Irene
    October 19, 2016 / 10:53 am

I love driving and we had a wonderful road trip from Rome to Florence with a rental car. It was really fantastic!

2. October 19, 2016 / 5:18 pm

That is great advice, i love travel with car, but sometimes it is hard especially if your destination is far away. This summer we were in Greece and rented a car because driving from UK to Greece looks like nightmare… Interesting thing about renting in Greece islands, “Not all roads are not covered with insurance”. We were lucky and nothing happened but it’s not comfort when you know that roads to the best beaches on island are not covered with rent-a-car insurance. In that case I would like to have my own car.

3. October 19, 2016 / 5:23 pm

Best way of traveling is traveling with car. It can be hasty sometimes but in most of case road is trip inside trip and it could be is interesting as much all vacation especially if you are driving trough countryside.

4. October 19, 2016 / 9:06 pm

Great post and I really agreed with this. Lately, I really enjoyed traveling with car and I feel more relax, had so much. And of course I can see more nature and beautiful landscape that I could not seen when I travel with flight.

Kintan xox,

October 19, 2016 / 9:11 pm

We usually rent car straight from the airport before we even leave home. So simple & useful!

Wonderful post, thanks for sharing 🙂

~ Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

6. October 19, 2016 / 9:14 pm

I also think a car makes everything better. Public transport is never very fun.

7. October 19, 2016 / 9:29 pm

I loved this post! The photos were simply stunning too! Thanks for the inspiration 🙂

8. October 19, 2016 / 9:59 pm

I usually take my own car. There’s no point in renting a car unless I have to. My parents rented a car for my brother’s wedding and they got ripped off. They were downgraded to a more cramped car and they had a hard time fitting everything they need to on there.

9. October 19, 2016 / 10:00 pm

What a great post and points my dear Helene! We used to rent a car a lot when traveling, especially when you travel to Greece and places with no traffic is great! However lately we mostly hire a car with a driver. You can find that service in different prices depending on the car and professionalism but it is so worthy when sightseeing or shopping in a foreign city! If you ever decide to enjoy this to our favourite city, I have a few great suggestions for you 😉
    Thanks for sharing and have a great day!
    PS: Congrats on your new blog layout and logo, I love it!!
    xoxo
    Stella

10. October 19, 2016 / 10:23 pm

I drive to work, etc but hate driving places where I don’t know where I’m going. So unless I’m with someone that drives then it’s a taxi for me in unfamiliar places ?

11. October 20, 2016 / 5:20 am

Agreed with you on this! Best way to travel is by car. I enjoy driving while traveling.

12. October 20, 2016 / 1:30 pm

My partner and I don’t drive so we’ve never considered renting a car when on holiday, it would make sense though, you’d get a lot more out of the experience and I think it would make me feel more relaxed knowing I could do whatever I wanted to do on holiday 🙂

13. July 5, 2017 / 11:37 am

I love to cover my holiday trips on a car, I think it would be more entertaining. Thank You for the tips.

14. July 5, 2017 / 6:19 pm

My hubby and I go on road trips all the time but we have never rented a vehicle because we have never went too far away from home that we needed to rent a vehicle or we just fly there and usually have family pick us up. But… I have some great trips that I want to plan soon and renting a car is one of the things I have been thinking about because it will just be more convenient than waiting for public transportation.

-Danielle Ruppert ~ http://danielleruppert.com

15. Tereza
    July 6, 2017 / 7:02 pm

Totally agree! And I found that through Holiday Autos (not sponsored haha!) you can compare all the different rentals in prices – it’s essentially price compare like those for insurance but you can use it abroad. I think that’s genius because last time I overpaid so much it’s embarassing! x

16. July 7, 2017 / 10:21 am

Yeah, I think so too. I personally don’t think it’s a good idea bringing the car on the long road trip. I never rented a car before but I really think it has pros and cons!

17. Olivia
    July 7, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Yes! I love this! I always prefer renting a car… usually cheaper and more convenient:)

18. July 8, 2017 / 2:14 am

Being 19,this is never something I’ve had to experience – but I can imagine the un-holiday like effect it could have on some!This was a really great read and so well written, I really enjoy your writing tone!