PEOPLE REGRET NOT DOING THIS DURING THEIR TRAVELS: DON’T MAKE THEIR MISTAKES

PEOPLE REGRET NOT DOING THIS DURING THEIR TRAVELS: DON’T MAKE THEIR MISTAKES

When you look back at your most recent holiday, is there anything you wish you did differently? You might be surprised a high proportion of people do have regrets when they look back on their holiday. Whether it’s not trying some food, or not visiting a particular place, it can leave people feeling regretful. After all, you might not get a chance to visit the destination again in your lifetime. Therefore, don’t make these mistakes when you go on your next holiday:

Not hiring a car to see more of the area

When people are on holiday, they tend to stick in one town for the duration of the trip. After all, they are worried about leaving their resort as they don’t know the area. And they are too fearful of using public transport. But if you want to have an amazing trip, you need to hire a car so that you can see more of the area. That way, you can drive outside of the town and discover the real authenticity of the country. And as we discussed previously, it allows you to have some privacy from other tourists. You don’t have to worry about sitting next to strangers on the bus! If you are going to drive, make sure you read up about the laws in the destination. And shop around for the best deals on cars!

travel-mistakes

Not paying more for luxury accommodation

You can look online to find a collection of luxury homes in your chosen destination. Just make sure you read the reviews, so that you know it’s a fantastic place to stay before you book!

travel-mistakes

Not planning their trip before they get there

As much as you want your holiday to be spontaneous, you do need to plan and research before you go. Otherwise, you will look back with regret that you didn’t research before to find the best places to go to. You might get home and find out there was a fantastic landmark just a few miles away! Therefore, have a look online so that you can make a list of the most interesting things to do on your travels. That way, you can be assured you didn’t miss anything great while on holiday!

travel-mistakes

Not meeting new people from the area

So many people are afraid to strike up a conversation with the locals when they are on holiday. But you will regret not speaking to the locals and learning more about the area. They might inform you about a fabulous restaurant which hasn’t been discovered by tourists! Therefore, strike up a conversation and become more clued up about the destination.

travel-mistakes

Not trying local food

Make sure you are adventurous when it comes to food in your chosen destination. You might not get another chance to try such unique delicacies!

So, what about you? Do you like meeting new people and locals on your holidays? Have you ever found your self feeling regretful not doing any of the things listed above? Let us know in the comment section below.

Featured and other Images free at Unsplash

1. October 31, 2016 / 11:21 am

So so true! Planning is part of the holiday that makes me almost as excited as the trip itself. I cant even imagine travelling to a resort and not going out exploring. Car or scooter rentals are so good for getting to know the surrounding area. And food -I always look forward to trying the local cuisine. But I must say, although we always plan pretty well, there is always something that you didn’t know of or didn’t have enough time to see. Great post!

October 31, 2016 / 2:52 pm

These are all so true! When we went to Spain for the first time we didn’t rent a car. Now we do it every time & moving around got so much easier! & less painful the next morning haha!

3. October 31, 2016 / 4:51 pm

I like all your points! With social media flourishing now, it’s easier to find connect with people in the area. That’s something I will be trying for my next travels. Thanks!

4. Laveena Sengar
    October 31, 2016 / 6:32 pm

Such an appropriate post for people who truly want to enjoy their travel trips. I think trying the local food is a part of the trip, you cannot not do it. Hiring a car is obviously the best way to enjoy 🙂

5. October 31, 2016 / 7:18 pm

Fantastic post dear, I´m totally agreed with all of these statement. Normally, I prefer to choose a rent car when I´m on holiday. It´s more practice and maybe safe too. For sure I love to meet a new people and discover some new delicates that I never eat before or even I could not find it on my daily life. Love your post and thanks for sharing.

Kintan xox,

6. October 31, 2016 / 8:22 pm

I also believe that research is important before you travel to any country. I do the research and look for information, but I don’t plan our every move. I like to be spontaneous as much as I can be.

7. November 1, 2016 / 1:55 am

I’m leaving the uk for the first time next year, I have no idea where to start planning! Your post will come in very handy thank you

8. November 1, 2016 / 11:09 am

I totally agree with all of this. WWhenever I go away I always make sure and research as I hate the feeling of getting back and finding i’ve missed out on something!

December 13, 2016 / 12:32 pm

I always like to move around and ask the locals for recommendations. Great tips!

10. July 7, 2017 / 10:09 am

A little research before planning a trip is so necessary, it will definitely do some good.
    Thank You for sharing.

11. July 7, 2017 / 9:53 pm

These are great tips! Totally agree about renting a car. You really can’t experience a place if you’re cooped in in a hotel or resort. The whole point of traveling is to explore. And planning before you go is KEY to a good trip!

12. Tereza
    July 8, 2017 / 8:35 am

I’m really enjoying your travel posts Helene! And totally agree with all your points. Plus I always regret not going to all the attractions just because they’re expensive. Realistically I know that they won’t necessarily be great because they’re touristy but I regret it afterwards if I don’t go! x

13. July 8, 2017 / 4:58 pm

I so much agree with the author, you can really miss out so many beautiful places specially if you just simply take the holiday package and miss out your own experience of travelling by not renting a car. Thanks! for sharing your travel experience through the blogpost.

14. Lea
    July 12, 2017 / 12:57 am

I couldn’t imagine not doing all of the things you listed above! These are some really important tips! Thanks for sharing :).
    Lea, xx