ESSENTIAL THINGS FOR YOUR NEXT WILDERNESS TRIP

ESSENTIAL THINGS FOR YOUR NEXT WILDERNESS TRIP

There is something about getting out of the city and out into the majesty of nature that appeals to all of us somewhere deep down inside. You may have been exploring nature for a long time, or only recently discovered the joy and peace it can bring. But either way, check out these helpful hints to make your next jaunt even more enjoyable.

Mobile Devices

If you are heading out into the countryside, then it is important to take your mobile phone and GPS devices. Yes, it’s true that one of the most remarkable things about being out in the great outdoors is the sense of peace that it can convey. It is not always silent, nature has a way of being peaceful while being noisy. Think of the waves crashing against the rocks, the sound of gulls circling in the air, or the wind rushing through the trees.

Then there are the wide open spaces and the fresh air to appreciate. With these gifts, nature has a way of calming and restoring us to our true selves. It is this peace that many of us have a craving for. So, while you will be taking your mobile devices for contact and safety reasons, try turning them off for a while so you can enjoy the sensual feast from nature uninterrupted and let it work out the kinks in your soul.

essential-things-trip

Tent and Sleeping Bag

If you are aiming to experience all that the great outdoors has to offer it’s likely that you will want to camp for some of your trip. That means you will need a hardy tent and a comfy sleep bag with ground sheet. Of course, camping will depend on how cold the weather is and your own personal needs. If sleeping in a tent is a little too extreme for you then why not rent a remote cabin? Or, book a few nights in a rural B&B where you can get out into the countryside during the day?

Food

Part of the experience of the great outdoors is the food you will eat during your trip. You may wish to put your skill to the test and fish or trap for your dinner. Even if you plan on doing this, it is always best to take a supply of camping food with you in case of emergencies.

You can get a whole range of dehydrated food packets that are light enough to carry but don’t taste like cardboard when you heat them up with water. Of course, there are some items that you can make yourself too like campfire bread, or Dutch oven apple cobbler, and the obligatory s’mores!

An Attitude of Gratitude

Arguably the most important thing that you should take with you on your journey into nature is a grateful attitude. By being grateful for what is happening right this moment, we can experience a depth of life that it is so easy to overlook.

essential-things-trip

This is what time in the great outdoors can help us cultivate. That presence. That awareness of the majesty of what is going on right now. By observing the vast spaces and amazing feats nature performs all the time, we can get in touch with something that is bigger than ourselves. Which can help us to put our own lives better into perspective.

And what about you? What is the number one essential thing for your trips? Let us know in the comment section below.

Featured image Image1 Image2

1. November 14, 2016 / 6:30 pm

What a great post my dear Helene! Being close to nature is the ultimately relaxing vacation, I wouldn’t change it for anything! I would choose music, it’s a must have essential for me always! 🙂
    Thanks so much for sharing and have an amazing start to the week!
    xoxo
    Stella

December 3, 2016 / 4:26 pm

I should definitely go camping next summer! I used to do it a lot, nowadays I just don’t have time for that anymore 🙁

♥ Jasmin N
    Little Things With Jassy
    Bloglovin’

3. December 3, 2016 / 6:43 pm

This is a lovely post, you definitely have a good list of must bring items here and I love your photos! Thanks for sharing!

4. December 3, 2016 / 6:56 pm

This are just great tips, good to know them. Also,love this photos xo

5. December 3, 2016 / 7:05 pm

Fantastic idea and I love closed to nature. And absolutely always make me feel relax and calm down. Camping is a great idea, and I would like to do this in the near future. Wish you have a amazing weekend dear Helena.

Kintan XO,

6. December 3, 2016 / 9:02 pm

While I love walking in the countryside and being close to nature, I draw the line at camping. I’ve never been before but it just doesn’t appeal to me at all, I like my home comforts and a supply of water/electricity ?

7. December 3, 2016 / 9:53 pm

What a beautiful post – I love the countryside and have such an appropriation for nature. Living in this big city, those little breaks are so important.

8. Maikel
    December 4, 2016 / 9:29 am

This seems like a lovely journey. For me, sleeping in the wilde is to much?

9. December 4, 2016 / 4:47 pm

Such a lovely post, and I agree although you want to turn off whilst your there and enjoy the wilderness keeping your phone and gps with you is a must, you just never know how things will turn out 🙂

10. Eirini
    December 13, 2016 / 12:21 pm

Great tips! Thanks for sharing them. An attitude of gratitude is a must i think.

11. July 9, 2017 / 2:23 pm

Love this!
    I feel like I always need to keep a phone with me because of my awful sense of direction, but I can easily disconnect from everything else.

Great post x

12. July 9, 2017 / 3:52 pm

This is a great post, I love taking trips out of the city, it calms my nerves and I get to recharge before I get back to the busy polluted city.

13. July 9, 2017 / 3:56 pm

This is great, I love taking trips to the country side, I get to recharge and run away from the noisy polluted city

14. July 9, 2017 / 10:39 pm

I have never went camping. This post intrigued my interest. I would probably need to rent a camper as the thoughts of bugs crawling on me freaks me out.