She Wears It Well: Going Classy With Your Look

She Wears It Well: Going Classy With Your Look

Hello everyone!

Is it time for you to change up your wardrobe? Adding some class to your everyday wear is essential for your self-esteem in the same way it’s essential to sharpen your look! The one thing to remember about your outfit choices are your accessories. A fantastically fitted outfit can make you stand out in a crowd but without the accessories to match, you don’t get to pop! Dressing up classily doesn’t need to cost the earth but these basic style tips are everything you need to know for a touch of class and a chic look.

Dressing in a sophisticated manner is all about key pieces and elements and understanding how to combine them properly. Styling yourself in a classy way can give you a timeless look and if you know what accessories you need to brighten your look, you’re over halfway there already. The navy dress and black kitten heels you buy this week will still be wearable in a decade and that’s exactly how class works. Pair that outfit with pieces from diamond jewelry stores over costume jewelry and you’ll have a timeless option that never runs out of style.

classy-look

Knowing your own personal style is the only way you can move forward with your classy new look. You need to identify your style and roll with it as it not only affects your dress sense, but your mood and your outlook. Your confidence is key and is the one thing that will shine through for you. It doesn’t matter if your style is hippy chic or minimalistic, you have a style. You just have to find it!

classy-look

Choose to buy items that are made of classic materials as these will take you into every decade. Cotton, wool, linen and silk are fabrics that are staples for your wardrobe. Care for them and you’ll make them last as long as they should do. Cottons stretch into denim too so you’ll find plenty of ways to make outfits out of each of these staple materials. If you have these fabrics in solid neutral colors, you can create a classic and timeless capsule wardrobe for both work and for casual wear. Patterns are great but solid blocks will carry with you through each season.

If you want to inject a little class into your wardrobe, make sure your clothes fit! You can buy anything but if it’s too big and looks like a tent on you it really won’t give your figure the shout out it deserves. Dress to fit and this includes boots and shoes. Always wear a well-fitting outfit which gives you confidence and you can walk a runway wherever you go. Never go overboard with accessories for your outfits and stick to statement, eye-catching pieces that complement the style and colors you are wearing.

Dressing in a classy manner won’t break your bank if you are clever about where you shop and what you buy. Be timeless, be sophisticated and be fierce.

What is your dressing style? Do you prefer a classy look or what? Let us know in the comment section below.

Helene.

Images free at Pixabay

1. February 9, 2017 / 5:01 pm

Hi Helene, its funny, because it is always difficult to answer that question:What is your dressing style.
    I usually don’t know. I like to think its classic with a touch of the unexpected with the attempt of making it fun.

2. Rachel
    February 10, 2017 / 9:34 am

I love these suggestions! I believe the accessories are the easiest way to upgrade your style.

3. February 22, 2017 / 10:08 pm

Great suggestions! I love dressing classy but I love saving money more so I always try to buy smart and learn how to dress smarter!

4. February 23, 2017 / 9:12 am

Great post, I too think you can get so much out an outfit with the right accessories.
    Lea, xx
    asnippetoflife.com

5. Tereza
    February 23, 2017 / 9:34 am

Brilliant ideas Helene! Agree with you on all of them – although I might be guilty of splashing money on things that I never wear (still!). I always try to buy classic cuts and less patterns but sometimes I just get carried away (like that cat print dress I bought the other day, that’s 3 sizes too big but I WILL shrink it and it WILL fit me, one day haha!) x

6. February 23, 2017 / 11:57 am

I always try to look for stylish and simple cuts that will last a few years. Simple accessories can always class up an outfit. Great suggestions xx

7. March 1, 2017 / 10:25 am

Capsule Wardrobes are so important and people still fail to realise it. The fabric and cut of the garment aswell xx

8. March 1, 2017 / 12:36 pm

This is really helpful! I usually don’t have a style, I just wear the comfortable ones. But this really motivated me to add some unique constant in my wardrobe.

9. March 1, 2017 / 3:38 pm

My dressing style? Well let’s put it this way – I’m a digital nomad and keep traveling with a few old clothes in my backpack. As you can imagine my number one rule is that the clothes have to be comfy and match with each other so that it doesn’t look that obvious that I’m always wearing the same ones. I totally agree on something you write and that’s the importance of accessories, that’s why I always have earrings, they make me feel a bit less homeless and a bit more “sophisticated” 🙂

Milla

10. March 1, 2017 / 5:14 pm

Classic with simple designs I would say, I really appreciate comfort and good materials.

11. March 1, 2017 / 7:50 pm

Oh I absolutely loved this one! Everything casual & comfy is my go-to when creating a perfect wardrobe 🙂 actually, now when Dino is born I’ve started to create myself new one haha.

12. March 2, 2017 / 12:08 pm

Thanks for this! I like to keep it classy as well. 🙂

13. March 6, 2017 / 11:52 am

Fashion faux pas are terrible but it such a good way to learn and not them ever again 🙂

14. March 6, 2017 / 11:56 am

When in doubt go for classic. You can never go wrong 🙂