Traveling to Hawaii is often something that people dream about. Because a trip to the islands can be costly, many save for years to be able to take such an extravagant trip. Whether you have been planning your Hawaiian vacation for years or are just beginning to put things into place, this article will help identify the top 5 things to do in Hawaii.
- Pearl Harbor. If you are a history buff, Pearl Harbor is a must-see and should be put at the top of your list. A national historic landmark, going to Pearl Harbor can be an emotional experience. While you can certainly explore the landmarks yourself, it is recommended that you book a tour. By booking a tour, you can follow along with a group of tourists led by a professional guide. Booking a tour takes the stress out of trying to purchase tickets, find the location as well as parking, and deciding which spots you want to visit. By planning all of this ahead of time in choosing a tour, all you have to do is dress comfortably, pack some snacks, and set out on your tour. You will be able to truly immerse yourself into the experience of being at Pearl Harbor and soak up as much information from the tour guide as you can. Truly an unforgettable experience, make sure to put Pearl Harbor on your list of places to visit while in Hawaii.
- If you are more of the adventurous type, consider going parasailing or atving on the Big Island. Going to Hawaii means that you can take advantage of a variety of outdoor activities and excursions. Whether you are interested in parasailing, paragliding, or atving around the islands, you will surely find a fun excursion that will thrill you and those you are traveling with.
- If you love water, snorkeling is something that you should not miss. If you are really feeling brave, you can go on a shark adventure cage tour! Hawaii promises gorgeous beaches, unique sea life, and once in a lifetime experiences such as swimming with sharks. If you are not a fan of water, you can still experience the beauty of the ocean by setting sail on a boat or yacht.
- Attend a Luau. Many Hollywood movies portray Hawaii to be a place that has a luau dinner every evening as the sun is going down. At the luau there are bound to be belly dances with lais, bonfire pits, and delicious food. Check your hotel to find out what luau offerings they have. If your hotel does not offer a traditional hawaiian luau, it is best to look around. You surely do not want to miss this fun, unique, experience.
- Volcano Tours. Those who are interested in geology will find the ability to go on a volcano tour exciting. Hawaii is rich with volcanic history. Whether you see the volcanoes from a helicopter or island-hop by plane to experience them, volcano tours are something that you do not want to miss. Hike through the lush rainforests, experience the land, and see vegetation and animals that you could only dream of.
There are so many wonderful things to experience in Hawaii. Whether you are interested in adventure, history, or want to relax on the sandy beaches, there is something for everyone on the gorgeous islands of Hawaii.
Have you ever been to Hawaii? Is this place in your travel list? Let us know in the comment section below.
As always, thank you for visiting and have a great day!
(Did you enjoy this blog post? Follow me on Bloglovin and never miss any of my posts!)
Images free at Pixabay