THREE BOOKS I READ LAST MONTH

THREE BOOKS I READ LAST MONTH

Hello everyone!

June is finally here! Hope you have had a great start to the new month. Don’t you think May was a long month like it was for me? Oh well, to be honest it means we had enough days to work, have fun, go to short getaways nearby or even plan our summer holidays. Generally, to have the time to do things we love and relaxes us.

3-books-read

The Million Dollar Blog

One of the things I love regardless of season and mood is reading. This month I read three books. The first one I started in April but as I wanted to read it carefully and keep notes, it took me more than I expected. Finally, I managed to finish it. It’s ”The Million Dollar Blog” which is a book with advise on blogging. For me it’s one of the best books of its kind and as I consider myself a new blogger, whenever I find a book on blogging I don’t miss the chance to read it

Using examples and interviews of other successful bloggers, giving advice on strategy on all the stages of creating a blog along with maintenance and other problem solving tips, the author managed to keep my interest throughout the book. Also it’s written in a simple and understandable way for subjects such as advertising, social media and SEO. Topics that in other books i have read seemed complicated and hard to comprehend.

Maybe this book is more for bloggers who want to earn money from blogging, but whether this is the purpose of a blogger or not the conclusion and what stays with you after reading the book is that if you want to be successful at what you do, you need to keep it real and be yourself. Also, everything can be hard and seem difficult in the beginning but needs time, dedication and hard work to succeed.

3-books-read

Girlboss

The second book for this month was ”Girlboss”. Who doesn’t know this book? Who doesn’t know this power word and Sophia Amoruso ? I started reading it on my way to Thessaloniki, on a short trip a while ago and really could not wait to read it to the end. It is easy reading, same as a long blog post and i wanted to see if in the end the author represents a Girlboss with her non-conventional personality. Finally after 5 days I read it all and although Sophia may not be anymore the CEO at the company she created (and the company itself has been reported to be filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection), her course and personal story could be inspirational and motivating for women all around the world.

There is a but though: I was expecting something more than the usual cliché advise that cancel each other. Maybe for some this book is smart and astonishing. Personally, if I didn’t have the curiosity to read it to the end to see what Girlboss means and try to find common ground with the author even a little, or to obtain valuable information that will help my professional and personal life, I may have not made it to the end of the book. Sorry Sophia.

3-books-read

The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*c

The third book I read and finished a few days now is ”The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*c : How to Stop Spending Time You Don’t Have with People You Don’t Like Doing Things You Don’t Want to Do”. Whenever I start reading a book I believe that will find in it whatever is promised in the title. And no, this does not happen most of the times! I don’t mind that the author is using the same word 7-8 times in a page that in the end if you don’t find it as many times in another page it makes you worried something is wrong. I didn’t mind that it uses 200 pages to express the meaning while half would be more than enough. Repeating the same advice and not clarifying sometimes if it’s worth paying attention or not was disorienting and not at all helpful to value it better.

Finally, a whole book was based on an advice that we all have certainly heard before or have followed before. Not to waste our valuable time or ourselves in things that are not interesting or joyful.

Well, have you read any of these books? Have you read any good book lately worth the recommendation? Let us know in the comment section below.

1. June 8, 2017 / 2:43 pm

So happy to read your review on the Life-Changing Magic book. I had wanted to give it a read, but I may need to pass on it now. Love an honest review!

2. June 10, 2017 / 4:38 pm

The first book sounds really interesting I’ll have to check it out to progress my blog journey

3. June 10, 2017 / 8:24 pm

I love the sound of all of them!! Especially the last one hehehe, the title definitely gripes me!

4. June 10, 2017 / 9:23 pm

I haven’t read any of these books but if I see them on the shelf, I’ll definitely have picked them as well..catchy titles especially the last one…I’ll love to read that

5. June 10, 2017 / 11:51 pm

I absolutely love The Life-Changing Magic Of Not Giving A Fuck, it’s amazing. I’d love to read that other book from the same author as well 🙂

6. June 11, 2017 / 1:10 pm

I really like your picks! I’ve never read a book about blogging but this one sounds very interesting and full of useful tips so I might try and read it.
    I’ve heard a lot about Girl Boss (I’m also watching the tv series even though it’s very far from the real story) and I think it will be one of my reading for this Summer.
    I’m currently reading the Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k and I’m quite enjoying it because it’s interesting, unusual and helpful.

7. June 11, 2017 / 1:13 pm

I’ve read #girlboss and loved it, of course. Can’t wait to try the other two books than you mentioned. Thanks for this Helene! 🙂

8. June 11, 2017 / 5:54 pm

I would d efintely need to check out the Million dollar blog book as I am also new to blogging. I am having a hard time grabbing some concepts when reading other things so maybe the straightflrwardbess in the book will help.

9. June 11, 2017 / 6:47 pm

That last book really sounds bad… I was expecting a lot from it. Too bad you didn’t like girl boss that much. Otherwise I would’ve probably read it too 🙂

10. June 11, 2017 / 7:13 pm

i love your blog! very pretty! i read 2 books so far this month, and cant wait for the next one to arrive home this week:)

xx
    lau

11. June 11, 2017 / 7:22 pm

The million dollar blog would be a nice read for me. Definitely gonna read. Thanks for sharing your read.

12. Kaylee
    June 11, 2017 / 7:32 pm

The Million Dollar Blog book seems like it would be extremely helpful for me, I’ve heard great things about Girl Boss as well.

13. June 11, 2017 / 8:34 pm

That million dollar blog book seems like something id like to check out.. also I love your flamingo mug! /Frida http://fridayfrida.com

14. June 11, 2017 / 9:43 pm

Love your picks! And these look very much up my ally 🙂 I’ve written a similar post not too long ago. Have a lovely summer full of amazing books that inspire!

15. June 11, 2017 / 10:27 pm

I love the sound of the first book The million dollar blog , I am going to see if I ca get my hands on a copy. Its great that you have a set routine to read three books, its great to be disciplined.

16. Zana
    June 11, 2017 / 10:53 pm

The third one sounds amazing. Would love to read that book.
    Lately I’ve read a lot of books. I just finished Norwegian wood by Haruki Murakami and The Soul of Leadership by Deepak Chopra. The great ones.

17. June 11, 2017 / 10:57 pm

Hmm. That book Million Dollar Blog sounds perfect for me. I recently started my blog and I’m looking for ways on how to grow it and generate money. The more help the better 🙂

Thanks for sharing!

18. June 12, 2017 / 3:20 am

Love these books recommendations. I have Girlboss on my “Wish list” forever but I’m going to just buy it now. Each book sound as a great summer reading. Thanks!

19. June 12, 2017 / 10:26 am

than you for sharing this! I think I will read the blogging book 🙂

20. June 12, 2017 / 12:39 pm

The first book I have to read! Thank you for sharing!

21. June 13, 2017 / 12:55 pm

I have heard a lot about GIRLBOSS. I guess it’s time I read that! Thanks for the review! 😀

Oindrila,
    beforbeauty.com

22. June 13, 2017 / 6:12 pm

Definitely try on one of those books during the weekend!!

23. June 27, 2017 / 5:39 pm

Girl boss is a classic! I def want to check out the other two books. They look fantastic! Always looking for ways to grow my craft! Thanks for sharing!