SEPTEMBER BOOKS

SEPTEMBER BOOKS

How are you doing? How was your September? Can you believe that the first month of Autumn is almost gone? Here in Greece, still smells like summer! The weather is quite good and the days are warm enough. Temperatures over 30°C in my country, meaning still hot days! Only late in the evening, we might need a light jacket or a cardigan but then again, not every evening. With that in mind, I can’t say Autumn is here already. And how I wish for some colder days! Cold days and nights at home with hot coffee or tea, warm blankets, candles and books all around me. Well, no matter what the weather and the season are, I always find some time to read and here are my recent readings and suggestions for you.

september-books

How to Be an Overnight Success: Making It in Business by Maria Hatzistefanis

The first book which I have already read is written by Maria Hatzistefanis and it’s a book for everyone out there who dreams big and want to leave its mark on this world. Maria was born in Greece. She finished her studies in Athens and worked a few years in Greek magazines having beauty always on her mind. After living a few years in New York she ended up in London and founded her business, the skincare brand Rodial. As she has noted, this is not a book of how to start a business. It is her personal story of how she followed her dreams by working hard through a lot of challenges and taking risks which all were paid off, in the end, making her successful in the beauty industry. (She owns now also the Nip+Fab brand)

In the book, Maria shares her tips and tricks on how to build a personal brand (she uses examples of how celebrities build their brands).  She also shares some advice and suggestions on how to start, how to keep going on and never give up, no matter what, no matter how hard things are or how difficult can be. If you are a fan of #Girlboss, you will love Maria’s book as it is inspiring and motivated, full of positive and confident aura!

september-books

Light Is The New Black by Rebecca Cambell

Have you ever felt that something is missing from your life? Or that everything is not as it should be? That, things you are doing now are not exactly these things you were dreaming of or the things you have always wanted to do? Well, sometimes I do feel this way. Somehow, (don’t ask me how I feel it, I just do so), I know that something bigger, something lighter and more precious is out there for me. Something delightful and heavenly is waiting for me! But I don’t have any idea of how to reach for it! I need some guidance and this book happens to offer it.

Light is the new black is an inspiring guidebook which tries to guide people look deeper, look inside their soul in order to find their true nature, the light which lies within. The book will help you discover yourself, your hidden and most unknown desires. Will help you find this path of your soul that is calling you. The path which will light up your soul, your whole world and the world around you.

”You have an inner light within you that is craving to be shared  by those around you, by the world at large- but mostly by you”

september-books

The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz

Since the first time I saw the movie ”The girl with the dragon tattoo” I was hooked by the story and read the book a few days later. I was totally captivated by Lisbeth’s unconventional life that I read the next two books of the Millenium series within a month or less. (The other two books are ”The girl who played with fire” and ”The girl who kicked the hornet’s nest”). Journalist Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander, are the two main characters both nonconformist and out of the ordinary.

The writer of Millennium series, Sting Larsson, died at the age of 50 and left unfinished manuscripts.  David Lagercrantz was asked to write the fourth, free-standing sequel to Millennium Trilogy and so, ”The girl in the spider’s web” was born!

This time, Lisbeth and Mikael will meet again after a long time. They will try to solve the mysteries and to protect any lives in danger but they both will be the target of ruthless cyber gangsters, web of spies and governments around the world. Will they manage to find the jagged edge? Let’s hope they will and looking forward to the end!

Have you read any of these books? What are you reading currently? Let us know in the comments section below.

, ,
[contact-form][contact-field label="Name" type="name" required="true" /][contact-field label="Email" type="email" required="true" /][contact-field label="Website" type="url" /][contact-field label="Message" type="textarea" /][/contact-form]

1. September 26, 2017 / 9:30 am

The book of Maria sounds very interesting! Thank you for sharing.

2. September 26, 2017 / 11:51 am

Thanks for sharing your impressions of these books. I will have to see which one to add to my reading list.

3. September 26, 2017 / 12:19 pm

The first two really look interesting, the last one I have to get because I just completed The girl who kicked the Hornests’ nest and it was sooo good!! Thank your sharing!

4. September 26, 2017 / 2:20 pm

As a book worm myself, I’m gonna have to check these out. They sound amazing.

5. September 26, 2017 / 3:30 pm

Love your choice! I would love to read the first one!

September 26, 2017 / 3:44 pm

Light is the new black sounds lovely! I think I’m going to pick it some day just out of the interest 🙂

7. September 26, 2017 / 6:39 pm

I want to check out Maria’s book, how to be an overnight success, it looks like a very interesting read 🙂 thanks for sharing

8. September 26, 2017 / 7:53 pm

I would definitely like the read the overnight business book as I am a fan of girl boss. Thanks for sharing.

9. Scarlett Murphy
    September 26, 2017 / 8:41 pm

Added ‘How To Be An Overnight Success’ to my reading list now, thanks for the recommendation!

10. September 26, 2017 / 10:18 pm

Light is the New Black sounds intriguing. I will have to check that one out. 🙂

11. September 26, 2017 / 10:18 pm

I LOVED The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books but I had no idea about The Girl in the Spider’s Web. I will definitely be checking this out!! Yay!

12. September 26, 2017 / 11:08 pm

I’m totally reading light is the new black. What an awesome concept. Thanks for this!

13. September 26, 2017 / 11:41 pm

Great! This summer I bought some books which I am now reading (The Good Soldier Svejk) and Life With a Star, both by Czech authors. Yesterday I couln’t help myself and bought another one this time by a Catalan author. I hope to have them finished by November!

xx
    lau

14. September 27, 2017 / 2:26 am

I had no idea there was a free-standing sequel to the Millennium series! I love that series, so I’ll definitely check out The Girl in the Spider’s Web

Sondra xx
    prettyfitfoodie.com

15. September 27, 2017 / 5:58 am

I am all about girlboss. I will be definitely looking for the first book to read. Well as for the rest not so much; they kinda contradict with my beliefs just a little bit.

16. September 27, 2017 / 1:50 pm

Happy Autumn! Would love to be in Greece instead of the cold UK. The first book sounds like a lovely read.

17. September 27, 2017 / 3:29 pm

I would love to read all of these books Helene, especially the first one.
    I am currently reading The path to love by Deepak Chopra and it’s amazing. I love his way of writing and
    I admire him so much.

18. Meghna
    September 27, 2017 / 8:36 pm

Here in Dubai, we are waiting for winters.. It’s the best time of the year!!

19. September 28, 2017 / 7:17 am

“HOW TO BE AN OVERNIGHT SUCCESS” looks like my type of book. I would be able to use some of her tips on my blog since I’m trying to turn that into an online business one day.

September 29, 2017 / 4:58 pm

Interesting suggestions! I would love to read Light is the new black, curious about it!