Planning your next ultimate getaway? If you’re unsure of what country you can go to next, why not book your ticket to the lovely country of Greece? (my country as you might know!) This lovely country found in the southeastern part of Europe has some of the best tourist spots in the world.
One of the best ways to explore what Greece has to offer is to go island hopping. There are so many islands to explore and even if you spend months doing so, the time might still not be enough to soak in all the beauty that is Greece.
Check out just some of the reasons why you need to book that flight to Greece today and go island hopping!
The gorgeous beaches
– in Greece, you will never run out of options when it comes to beaches. You can opt for the crowded, more popular beaches, but you can also have access to beaches that are more secluded and offers more privacy.
The delicious food
– the diverse foods, depending on what season it is and what island you are staying, is enough to make you visit the islands. You’ll find not only the freshest seafood, or traditional dishes like souvlaki to satisfy your cravings.
The lovely weather
– what makes the Greek islands perfect is that the Mediterranean weather is so ideal for travel any month of the year.
The ancient ruins
– history is such a big part of Greek culture, and you will see some truly important ruins all over the islands.
The stunning sunsets and sunrise
– some of the sunsets in the islands are so beautiful that it has become such a spectacle that tourists and locals alike even applaud when it’s over.
The unique culture and traditions
– if you want a glimpse into what life was like a century ago, you can visit Kos, which will feel like stepping back into time.
The welcoming people
– expect a welcome like no other, as the locals are very warm. They will not only greet you with a smile but sometimes even with a glass or two of ouzo!
The quaint accommodations
– from the luxurious to the unique, you’ll have a lot of choices when it comes to what place to stay.
The epic nightlife
– if you’re hungry for an epic night out with your friends, Greece is known for being a party place. Dance until the wee hours of the morning on the island of Mykonos where Paradise Club, one of the most popular club in the country is located!
– the color of the Aegean sea is like something you’ve never seen. This is a place where you’ll see so many varieties of the color blue, and sometimes the sea is so clear that you can see all the way to the bottom!
The variety in each island
– you’ll be surprised to find that even if you visit only two islands in one day, they could be so different in terms of tourist spots and atmosphere. This means you won’t get bored with all the sights you will see.
– in the islands, you can enjoy not just ancient ruins, but other unique architecture, such as the iconic blue domes that is exclusive to these islands.
Other activities that you can do
– Greece is not just about the beaches, you can go hiking and cycling in some areas. Or if you’re tired of the beach, you can visit pools and waterparks instead.
Cats all over the streets
– if you’re a cat lover, you’ll be seeing a lot of them all over the country. Just be wary as some of them might be feral.
The easy way of traveling to each island
– because there are so many islands in this archipelago, there are also so many routes you can take to travel. A great way to get from one place to another is to take ferries between Greek islands. You’ll be able to see amazing views while enjoying the great weather on your way to your next destination.
Have you ever visited Greece? Where have you been? Let us know in the comments section below.
As always, thank you for visiting and have a great day!
(Did you enjoy this blog post? Follow me on Bloglovin and never miss any of my posts!)