In a pageant competition, every little thing matters. It’s not just the interview portion that’s important. Every portion of the pageant is judged, including the way you carry yourself, whether you are in swimsuit or evening gown.
The perfect evening gown will bring about the best qualities of a contestant. It is not the gown alone that is judged, it is how the contestant carries herself. You are being judged on your overall look. When you are wearing the right gown, it will dramatically improve your appearance and the judges will surely see that improvement.
You are sending a message to everyone who sees in in the dress you are wearing. You can convey your personality through your dress. Do you have a demure personality? Your gown can reflect that, the same thing if you choose a flashier dress to show your bolder personality. You can choose to center on a theme when you choose your pageant gown.
The important thing is to get a gown that you would feel most beautiful and confident in. That confidence will translate in how you would perform in the competition. That’s why it is crucial to make the right choice in your gown. Read on if you want some tips on how you can find the perfect beauty pageant gown today.
1. Know what your body type is
– first and foremost, you would need to know exactly what body type you are. You need to be able to point out what your flaws are so you can hide them and what your assets are so you can highlight them. There are dress types that are really not flattering to certain body types, so once you know your body type, you can steer clear of gowns that would be unsuitable for you
2. List down some adjectives to describe yourself
– if you want a gown that would reflect your personality, what you can do is list down some words that can be used to describe yourself, or how you would like the judges to perceive you. Do you want to be seen as intelligent, sexy, demure, etc? Once you have the word, you can narrow down the choices of gowns to look at.
3. Choose a line that would hide what you perceive as your figure flaws
– when you know what you need to hide, maybe a bulging tummy or something else, you can ask for help from stylists on what kind of gown can do that.
4. Research on the color that would flatter you
– color is also a very important factor to consider. If you were going for a more demure look, a pink gown would be more appropriate than a bold, flashy red. Some colors may also not complement your skin tone, so better make sure you choose a color that would look good on you.
5. Look for a fabric that would complement you
– the choice of fabric can also make or break a gown. You may have found a design that is suitable to your taste, but the choice of fabric does not highlight your assets. To get you started, take a look at these gorgeous dresses for your next beauty pageant and see if any of them fits the theme you have in mind.
What do you think of the beauty pageant dresses? Let us know in the comments section below.
As always, thank you for visiting and have a great day!
(Did you enjoy this blog post? Follow me on Bloglovin and never miss any of my posts!)
Images free at Unsplash