FIVE TIPS TO STYLING LEGGINGS

FIVE TIPS TO STYLING LEGGINGS

Leggings come in different styles and sizes. They’re tight pants made of stretchy and breathable fabric like spandex, and polyester and are mostly classified under sportswear. But today, leggings have evolved to cater to so many functions and now it’s not just limited to being gym wear. You can wear them casually and even formally depending on how you mix and match them with your top and accessories.

There’s no denying how leggings are one of the simplest and most comfortable pieces of bottom wear out there. It’s so easy to put on and it fits all shapes and sizes. Best of all, it’s very affordable too! You can get yours at https://shoplularoe.net for as low as $10. If you want to make the most of your pair of leggings, here are 5 styling tips you should learn about!

1. Mix and Match

Leggings are not hard to wear with anything. They’re usually dark colored and would look good in a variety of tops. Don’t be afraid to mix and match some tops and accessories to complete your look. You can wear it over a regular tee, scarf, and sneakers for that trendy casual look. You can also wear it with a long cardigan and knee high boots if the weather is starting to get chilly. Layering your top also complements your slim leggings because it breaks the illusion of bulkiness.

2. Use long tops

Because leggings are usually tight and have thin fabric, it’s commonly paired with a long top that efficiently covers the buttocks. Long tops are great for leggings and they almost always go together. They could be in a form of an oversized shirt, tunics, or shirt dresses. Vests and long sweaters also work. Just remember to shy away from short tops, especially those that end on the waist. Of course there are exceptions, but if you’re only starting to experiment with leggings, long tops rule and won’t let you down.

five-tips-styling-leggings

3. Consider the length

Leggings are usually ankle length. Most of the time it should be kept that way to maintain the illusion of having long and slim legs. Wearing them below the ankle produces a stunted silhouette. But it all depends on how you intend to use them. Leggings vary in length. Aside from the usual ankle-length, there are mid-calf, knee length and even stirrups that have a strap connected to your foot.

4. Be cautious about prints

If you must wear prints, keep them to your top. Wearing printed leggings are risky specially if you aren’t fashion savvy. But that’s not to stop you from donning leopard printed tights. Bold prints may look fun, but in reality it only flatters quite a narrow demographic of long and lean legs. Add to the fact that big patterns tend to make your look fatter. So yeah, be cautious about printed leggings!

five-tips-styling-leggings

5. Consider your shoes

Your outfit would not be complete without getting shoes that would complement your leggings and chosen top. Luckily, leggings aren’t complicated and you can wear it with almost any type of footwear. You can wear it with sneakers on casual days, boots during fall and flats during day outs. You can even wear it with stilettos to give your look a smart edge.

How do style your leggings? Let us know in the comments section below.

Images free at Pixabay

1. February 20, 2018 / 9:05 am

Hi Helene! Love this informative post 🙂 I love wearing for leggings and I also love the fact that I can wear it with any footwear! Most especially the ones I find it hard to wear with jeans or other bottoms. Btw, I’m following you now on Bloglovin and Google+!

God bless and stay gorgeous! Hear from you soon!

Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance

• February 25, 2018 / 9:24 pm

Thank you for stopping by Airish! Followed you also on Bloglovin and Google+

February 20, 2018 / 8:26 pm

Useful tips! I love styling leggings with long sweaters or long t-shirts!

February 23, 2018 / 12:23 am

I just realised that I don’t have leggings in my wardrobe – that’s like a serious mum essential to have haha. I’ve got my yoga pants I wander around the apartment. These are great tips :-)!

• February 25, 2018 / 9:26 pm

Yes, yoga pants work really good!

4. February 23, 2018 / 2:22 am

Leggings really are the comfiest bottoms to wear – I always change to either leggings or pyjama bottoms when I come home 🙂 I wear sports leggings to the gym and thicker, dressier ones with almost any shoe.

• February 25, 2018 / 9:26 pm

Practical and comfy, who wants more?

5. February 23, 2018 / 3:53 am

I live in leggings at the moment and usually style them with a longer graphic tee and army style boots 🙂

6. February 23, 2018 / 10:34 am

I haven’t taken the plunge into the leggings world. I own one black pair I use for short dressing. That said, my husband hates the very idea of leggings. And, quite honestly, I’d love to drop about 30 lbs before making it a regular wardrobe choice. But I love your tips! It’ll come in handy when I finally get brave enough!

• February 25, 2018 / 9:28 pm

Don’t be afraid of your body type, you can find long tees or sweaters to style them.

7. February 23, 2018 / 4:43 pm

Haha, pretty much all my yoga leggings have crazy, funky prints or patterns. But I only wear them to work out so I think it’s ok. 🙂 For some reason fun leggings motivate me to go to yoga class. I don’t really wear leggings that often for normal attire though. Maybe I should get a higher quality, black pair to wear with tunics. Seems like a comfy outfit while still being kind of dressy.

• February 25, 2018 / 9:31 pm

Leggings are so trendy right now, and not only for the gym! Love the print ones for the yoga class too!

8. February 23, 2018 / 11:05 pm

Lovely post! I’m a big fan off leggings, the relationship between me and leggings started couple years ago when I had a lot of dancing classes. I used to have leggings in all the colors and prints. Nowadays I have too many basic black ones but after reading this I should probably add those colors and prints back to my closet.

• February 25, 2018 / 9:33 pm

I love the print ones, I can easily style them with any color.

9. February 24, 2018 / 7:35 pm

Simplistic and surely very beautiful. I love this and your style!

10. March 2, 2018 / 3:30 pm

Very interesting and useful post dear. I find Leggings so comfy but I wear them always with something long over.
    Have a nice weekend ❤️

• March 2, 2018 / 5:29 pm

Thank you so much Tiziana! Have a great weekend you too!