5 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN A GOOD SHAMPOO

5 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN A GOOD SHAMPOO

Shampooing and conditioning the hair are two very important aspects of hair maintenance. Using the wrong type of shampoo can result in the entanglement of the hair, that may also lead to hair breakage and dryness, as well as damage to the scalp. Therefore, it is very important to look out for various things in your bottle of shampoo before you make a purchase. You can shop at Shampoos picked by Andrea where you can find the best shampoos that fit your wants and that achieve the following five qualifications:

Avoid harmful ingredients

A lot of shampoos are manufactured using some ingredients that may be harmful to hair when used frequently. Sulfates, which may be an ingredient in a bottle of shampoo you want to purchase are harmful and lead to drying of the hair and the skin. This is because sulfates remove natural oil from the scalp and the hair, oils that are essential for hair growth. Look for shampoos without these ingredients and your hair will look bright and will feel soft, regardless of how many times you use your shampoo.

Infused with herbs

Shampoos that have peppermint or tea tree oil added to them offer the user not only a fresh scent, but they also aid the hair to grow faster while keeping the scalp nourished. Having jojoba, shea or avocado added to your shampoo will help remove any oils that may have built up in your hair. An added advantage is that they make the hair look shiny while moisturizing the hair.

5-things-look-good-shampoo

pH level

Hair shampoos with the right level of pH help keep your hair clean without compromising the amount of moisture in it. Shampoos that are mildly acidic are the best for cleaning the hair and scalp. Basic soap shampoos have a pH of around 11. The only problem with base based shampoo is that they leave the hair tangled hence hard to manage. Shampoo with acidic ingredients makes the hair smooth and shiny while maintaining the pH balance of your hair. This makes hair smooth because it makes hair follicles lie flat on the head.

Make sure the shampoo is slippery

When making a shampoo purchase ensure that it makes the hair feel slippery. Having slippery hair will prevent breakage even when hair is being brushed, and will additionally keep the hair less entangled and thus faster to comb. Choosing a shampoo with glycerin will also help your hair since the glycerin will protect hair follicles from losing moisture.

5-things-look-good-shampoo

Choose the right shampoo for your hair type

Ensure that the type of shampoo you choose to buy is the correct fit for your type of hair. There are those with a lot of dandruff in their hair, and they require shampoo with special ingredients, like salicylic acid to exfoliate, pyrithione zinc to prevent inflammation of the scalp and selenium sulfide to soothe the scalp. These are special ingredients added to regular hair shampoo, and these added ingredients are suited to different kinds of hair, you just have to know your hair type before making a purchase for your shampoo.

So, what are you looking for in a shampoo? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Pixabay

*GUEST POST

February 28, 2018 / 12:52 am

Great tips! Only thing I’ve considered lately when it comes to shampoo & other products that they’re as cruelty-free as possible 🙂

• March 12, 2018 / 10:31 pm

Thank you so much Airish! Take care dear!

2. February 28, 2018 / 5:26 pm

Great tips! I think it’s really hard to find a good shampoo – one that does the job right plus it has all the ingredients that are actually good for you. I’m still on the search…

3. Karoliina Kazi
    February 28, 2018 / 11:02 pm

I always to choose organic and cruelty-free shampoo and conditioners – I will also start to look more carefully for the ingredients you mentioned, thanks for all the recommendations xx

4. March 1, 2018 / 6:57 am

Wow! This is some great information. I see marketing on the packages all the time say they are free of this or that, but I love how you highlight why that’s important. Thanks!

5. March 1, 2018 / 10:24 am

Awww….fantastic tips dear. I love to read this article as gave me so much information and great pictures as well. Specially I have very a long hair, it’s a bit difficult to take care and need a lot of patience and find the right product. Wish you have a good day dear. xo

6. March 5, 2018 / 12:54 pm

I had no idea to look out for all of this when looking for a shampoo & conditioner.. I usually just pick up whatever looks nice on the shelf! It’s so interesting and helpful to know what to look out for now!
    Emily xx

7. March 5, 2018 / 6:11 pm

Interesting tips! I had heard that there are some harmful ingredients and that some shampoos are better than others. That pH thing was though something new to me. I should check if that’s even told in shampoos sold in Finland.

8. March 5, 2018 / 11:37 pm

Lovely tips on shampoo. Don’t really have any hair on my head to shampoo but I shall get my other half to have a read as well.

9. March 6, 2018 / 2:09 am

The last few shampoos I’ve purchased have been totally wrong and I’ve been meaning to do some research to try and figure out some better choices. This is really helpful! I would have never known to pay attention to ph levels in shampoo but that totally makes sense. 🙂

10. Sondra Barker
    March 6, 2018 / 6:55 pm

Picking the right hair product really makes all the difference in hair health. I always choose natural products like these.

11. March 7, 2018 / 12:12 pm

Having the right hair products is so important to your hair health. I constantly change mine up to cater my current hair needs.
    Great tips.