FIVE TIPS TO FINDING THE RIGHT DANCE CLASS

FIVE TIPS TO FINDING THE RIGHT DANCE CLASS

The overall satisfaction of having received the best training is amongst one of the top expectations of any dance student. Whether you are attending dance classes because you are talented, or you are a beginner who knows nothing about dancing, but is interested in dancing, getting the right dance class is the first step to learning how to dance or perfecting your dance skills.

There are numerous dance studios that offer dance classes to people of different ages. Determining the right dance class requires registering for classes that have qualified teachers that can bring out a professional dancer capable of entertaining their audience. The quality of the dance classes being offered influences the type of dancer that one will be. Below are tips to finding the right dance class that anyone aspiring to flourish in dance should consider.

Quality of dance skills

The quality of any dance skills offered in a dance class depends on the skills that the teachers have. Unlike academic skills, dance requires qualified teachers with a passion in order to nurture the students and develop them into expert dancers. The teachers should be well versed on how to structure, arrange for choreography, and create a syllabus fit for every student in the class.

To ensure that every student is benefiting from the class, teachers offering the dance class should monitor the development of every student and be flexible to support even the slow learners. They should also be disciplined enough to stick to the yearly program set while practicing safe dance practices.

five-tips-finding-right-dance-class

Dancing styles

Various dance studios offer different dance styles ranging from salsa, Zouk, folk dance and many others. For a broader and fun experience, pick on a dance class that offers dance lessons for a style that you enjoy. Know your taste and personality before settling on a dance style.

A spacious and safe dance floor

The best flooring plays a big part in ensuring that one can comfortably practice without slipping and hurt themselves. The right dance class should be built on a spacious and safe space which isn’t likely to result in an accident during the practice sessions. A dance class with a high-density foam base is the ideal floor for dancing.

A spacious dance floor lowers chances of stumbling into any item that might be harmful. It is also comfortable and safe to spend more time practicing on a high-density foam floor due to its’ cushioning ability.

Physical condition

Your body’s physical condition influences the type of dance that you will participate in learning. Check your body’s flexibility in sync with the different dance styles offered so as to determine those that you can comfortably take part in. Enroll in a dance class that your body can work with without straining too much.

Customer service

The right dance class should have customer service staff that will assist newly registered students with the schedules and information regarding the dance lessons. This will help them to decide on the best time to practice for a more personalized experience with their teachers which will enable them to effectively participate.

Dance classes are used for different reasons which include releasing stress, as a form of exercise or professional career. Whatever your reasons are, be free to learn and open to fun moments. Enroll in dance classes Sydney for an unforgettable experience.

How do you find the right dance class? Let us know in the comment section below.

Featured and other Images free at Unsplash

May 6, 2018 / 10:30 pm

These are great tips 🙂
    I go for something I haven’t tried before or something I already know I can do. I used to dance break so I began hip hop lessons as it was something I already knew how to do.
    When I was younger it was easy to switch from balet to modern.

2. May 7, 2018 / 5:24 am

These are great tips! I used to love dance classes as a kid but haven’t been since. As an adult it can be quite intimidating as a beginner, but I suppose it all comes down to finding the right class!

• May 7, 2018 / 9:32 pm

When we are younger we love dancing! We don’t care if someone is watching or if we are doing it right!

3. May 7, 2018 / 12:28 pm

Great tips, Helene!

I also started doing my dance classes in Sydney here:

I couldn’t be happier! Dance is the best way to express yourself!

• May 7, 2018 / 9:36 pm

That’s fantastic Peter! Thank you for stopping by!

4. Zana
    May 7, 2018 / 3:11 pm

These are all great tips Helene. I was a hip hop dancer for 4 years and still love to dance. I was planning to go back to dancing. 🙂

• May 7, 2018 / 9:37 pm

That’s really great Zana! Thank you for stopping by!

5. May 9, 2018 / 2:18 pm

I’m just finishing up my degree in Dance and as someone that didn’t start dancing until 16 I feel very let down and disappointed in my university. There wasn’t the support given when it came to learning new techniques and a couple of the teachers were only a year or two older than myself and didn’t have much structure or experience to teaching classes. I’m excited to get back to my old dance school in the summer where I know the teachers are 110% supportive, the school is welcoming and I’ll be getting enough bang for my buck. It’s just a shame that a university with one of the best dance programs in the country turned out to be nothing like I was expecting…and very different from the course described on their website and UCAS.

Alicia x

• May 13, 2018 / 9:49 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience! Dancing should only be a source of joy and I do believe that teachers should be supportive and having the experience needed to teach others. I hope you will get the best from your old school this Summer. Thank you for stopping by Alicia!

6. September 10, 2018 / 1:07 am

You provided some great tips! I’ve never taken a dance class, but I think it could be fun and a great way to get some exercise into my day.

7. September 10, 2018 / 6:18 am

Great tips mentioned here. I have been wanting to rejoin my hip-hop class but just a little intimated to go back as I have lost touch with the dance. Maybe I’ll look into another dance form and start taking lessons.

8. September 10, 2018 / 7:32 am

These are great tips for someone looking to dance. I have no dance skills at all but my son wants to start soon.

9. September 11, 2018 / 4:58 am

These are insightful tips! I have thought taking a dance class would be fun, but I have never been very coordinated hahaa and I always felt like I’d be the odd one in a class. Maybe a beginner class would be the best way to go though!

10. September 11, 2018 / 7:20 am

I used to want to join a dance class. Now, I have worked my body so hard I can’t imagine moving it like that for fun >.< lol It is something I should have started when I was younger and didn't have 3 kids!

11. September 11, 2018 / 2:31 pm

Great tips! I used to go to ballet when I was really young and then cheerleading as a teen but because my motor skills aren’t the best, we made sure they were recreational classes that weren’t too strict and could help me develop my skills to their full potential at my own pace. I think dance is such a great form of expression and I encourage as many of my friends to join one! I’d still go to one now if it weren’t for my ill health.

12. September 11, 2018 / 9:08 pm

Dancing is something I really enjoy! It’s a way to express your emotions and feelings when words don’t communicate. And for me it’s like a fun exercise to add in my daily regime. But now I’m taking it more seriously and want to learn Indian classical form of dancing. I hope, I join the class soon! 🙂

13. Kim
    September 11, 2018 / 11:05 pm

These are all such wonderful tips! I love to dance! I feel like it is so therapeutical!

14. Glenda
    September 12, 2018 / 4:49 am

I personally never taken any dance classes. Honestly, the only dance class I’ve been to is my niece who is 16. Although, I would love to take some sort of fitness dance class. I’m sure it will be really fun.

15. September 12, 2018 / 4:54 am

I can’t really relate to this on a personal level, but they seem like excellent tips for those who would want to pursue dance classes. I do know my daughter has recently been researching gymnastics and ballet classes for her two oldest daughters (ages 6 and 4), and I’m sure she applied similar strategies.

16. September 12, 2018 / 6:03 am

I’ve always wanted to try an African dance class! I’ve been so intimidated on finding a place. Thanks to your great tips I’ve got the knowledge I need to check some out!

17. September 12, 2018 / 3:05 pm

Thanks for these amazing tips! I used to take dance lessons long time ago, but not anymore, and I was wondering what should I exactly look for!