FIVE TIPS TO THROWING A PARTY IN COLLEGE

FIVE TIPS TO THROWING A PARTY IN COLLEGE

Throwing a party while in college? Here are five tips to have the best time:five-tips-throwing-party-college

1. Have enough alcohol

As it is with all college parties, having enough alcohol is a like an age-old tradition and a must for these parties. This is based on the fact that alcohol gets people in the party mood and ensures that everyone is having a blast and the time of their lives. Ensure that the alcohol is enough to last all night in order for your friends to have a good time the whole duration of the party. Another thing that really turns up the heat in a party is ensuring that you have cold beer as people always love a refreshing drink. Therefore, if you need cold beer, invest in a beverage cooler that will keep your drinks cool all night and will make them easily accessible to all the people at the party.

five-tips-throwing-party-college

2. Have a cool playlist

You can not have a college party without music, it is an essential and integral part of the party. Apart from having music, you must also pay attention to the kind of music you have on your playlist. Most people would prefer upbeat, fresh music that is modern and current. You do not want to play oldies at your college party unless it is themed and that kind of music would help enhance the theme of your party. If it is not a themed party then you can occasionally include a classic but keep the larger part of your playlist current. Ensure also that you have a playlist that can last you for the entire duration of the party.

five-tips-throwing-party-college

3. Serve food at your party

You do not necessarily have to have a full course meal at your party, but a couple of snacks will do. Pretzels, chips, pizza and popcorn, just to name a few, are a great way to go. These snacks are affordable and are quite convenient for people to munch on as they enjoy their drinks. They can also be easily replenished once they are all eaten up since you can always order pizza or make a quick run to the store to get a couple more bags of chips.

five-tips-throwing-party-college

4. Ensure you have enough cups

People at a college party drink a lot. Since you will probably have a large number of guests at your party, it is important to ensure that you have enough cups that everyone can easily use. This is due to the fact that people are most likely not going to stick to one cup especially when they get a bit tipsy. People also tend to play a lot of games which involve cups at parties, for instance, beer pong.

five-tips-throwing-party-college

5. Set up your space beforehand

If you are having the party at your house then it is best to set up the place and take some precaution. For instance, lock up all your valuable items in a separate room since you never know who might walk away with some of your prized possessions, and it might be very hard to trace anything after the party. Lock up the rooms that you wouldn’t want anyone to access, for instance, your bedroom. Create a large space by clearing some of the stuff in the room to provide enough space for everyone. Ensure you have enough of everything, including toilet paper for when things get a bit too messy.

What are your tips to throwing a party in college? Let us know in the comment section below.

Featured and other Images free at Unsplash

1. Zana
    May 11, 2018 / 10:52 am

Those days with college are so over, but we would always go to the pubs or clubs to party. Those tips are great, i think the food and the music are so important. 😀

• May 13, 2018 / 9:25 pm

You are totally right Zana! Thank you for stopping by!

2. May 11, 2018 / 1:19 pm

Such great tips my dear Helene! I might be ages away from college but these are useful for any party I think! A couple of years ago, my friend found himself crying after his party, for his numerous stolen things.. it was a nightmare! So next time, lock the precious belonging into a room!
    Happy weekend!
    Stella

• May 13, 2018 / 9:26 pm

You are absolutely right my dear Stella! Thank you so much for stopping by! I ll try to call you this week, I have so much to tell you! Kisses and hugs!

May 13, 2018 / 12:21 am

These are wonderful tips! There can never be too many cups to be fair haha.

• Jasmin N
        May 14, 2018 / 12:46 am

I think we have still some red cups after our wedding afterparty 😀

4. May 14, 2018 / 10:41 pm

Ahhhh what such a fantastic tip and ideas. So long ago that I have some party at home. I miss to make a big party with some friends or even college, remember those day that I always invite some friends and cooked a lot of foods. Prepare enough drink is always important indeed. 🙂
    Have a fantastic week dear.
    XO, Kintan.

• May 16, 2018 / 10:04 pm

Drinks and food are never enough I think in any party!

5. May 15, 2018 / 5:53 am

Haha love this blogpost! When I went to collage we just said ‘bring stuff” and it somehow turned out to be fine too 😀 but now I’d rather be organized 😀

• May 16, 2018 / 10:05 pm

Thank you Nelly! Better be ready and organized in advance!

6. May 15, 2018 / 6:40 pm

I didn’t make the most of my University experience as I hardly went to any parties! I feel like having fun & making memories make up for the most part of University life so if I was to advice any Uni students anything is to study hard but HAVE FUN TOO!

• May 16, 2018 / 10:07 pm

Parties and fun time with college friends always make the best memories!

7. Alexandra
    May 16, 2018 / 7:10 pm

I remember these college parties! Everyone should bring food or drinks because we never had enough, ha ha!

May 16, 2018 / 7:13 pm

Wonderful reading Helene! Food or drinks and music are essentials for any party!

9. May 16, 2018 / 8:32 pm

My favorite thing to do when I was in college was to throw a party with a theme! It definitely made the party feel more special, PLUS putting costumes and decorations together meant there was fun stuff to do during the day, too.

10. May 16, 2018 / 10:22 pm

That’s a great idea Beth! I am sure you had the best time!