FIVE THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN A JEWELRY STORE

FIVE THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN A JEWELRY STORE

When choosing for a jeweler to trust with your transactions, you’ve got to ask a lot of questions. Finding a credible jeweler needs a lot of research especially if it’s your first time to purchase expensive jewelry. If you live in Miami County, there are several jewelry stores in troy ohio you should check out. Looking for the best and most trustworthy ones should be easy if you’re properly guided. Here are 5 things to look for in a jewelry store before you make your first purchase with them:

How is the ambiance of the store?

How you feel the moment you walk into the store is an important factor in whether or not you’re going to be a patron. As a customer, you may not notice it, but the atmosphere of a certain place have ways of getting into you. Whether you’re drawn to it or otherwise is a matter of first impressions. A clean and orderly store speaks a lot about how the space is maintained. The presence of a staff, a security guard, the decor and furniture choices, and even the lighting fixtures should all make you want to go back. Otherwise, you can move on to the next store on your list.

What services do they offer?

Aside from catalogue designs, ask how extensive their customization package is. It helps a lot that there’s an in-house gemologist who can guide you through the different types of stones and would help your find the right one for your style and budget. Aside from the array of different jewelry, a good jewelry store would offer repair and resizing services as well, carried out by a bench jeweler.

five-things-look-jewelry-store

Is the jeweler knowledgeable?

A reputable jewelry store would have in-house experts who are knowledgeable in all things jewelry. Being able to talk to someone inside who can answer your questions easily and with confidence is helpful in building trust. Look for a store that specializes in loose diamonds and fine jewelry, and make sure there’s a trained gemologist employed. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, because how they answer is a sign if the store is good or not.

Are the staff accommodating?

The staff is the first person you’d probably meet when you enter a jewelry store. Are they warm and friendly? Whether or not you’re a buying visitor, how the staff treats their customers reflects on the type of jewelry store you’re in. The staff should be properly trained and guided to answer basic questions about the different pieces on display. They should also be able to offer you a catalog of services and answer basic questions about jewelry. You can’t expect them to know everything, and in that case, they should be able to direct you to an in-house expert. The presence of a security guard is also important to observe. A jewelry store is a high risk establishment and it’s essential for security to be in place. If you don’t notice any guards around, then you better ask yourself if the items there are really valuable.

Do they offer jewelry certification?

If you want to make sure that the jewelry store offers real and authentic precious stones, ask them about certification. Gemstone certifications tell you about the quality of a certain stone. There are three major factors to it: gemological makeup, finished quality, and natural rarity. A certificate of authenticity will tell you identifying information relating to your stone. While it doesn’t give you a monetary worth for your jewelry, it will tell you its specifications – its authenticity, weight, color, clarity grades, etc. Jewelry certifications should be done by third party licensed gemological laboratories such as Gemological Institute of America (GIA), International Gemological Institute (IGI), or American Gem Society (AGS).

What are the things you are looking for in a jewelry store? Let us know in the comment section below.

Featured and other Images free at Unsplash

• June 4, 2018 / 12:31 pm

Thank you for stopping by Courtney!

June 6, 2018 / 3:08 pm

These are wonderful tips! We have only two or three chains national wide, so there’s not many to choose from haha,

• June 10, 2018 / 12:17 pm

This might be the best option though! lol

2. June 6, 2018 / 11:15 pm

This is really amazing tip dear. Jewelry is always expensive cost, so how important knowing some tip to buy the best one and not disappointed in the end.
    Hope you doing great and have a wonderful week ahead dear. Kisses xo

3. June 7, 2018 / 1:27 pm

Interesting and helpful recommendation… I’ll personally also look out for reviews and referrals…. Very good reviews will boost my confidence to shop with a particular jeweler

• June 10, 2018 / 12:19 pm

I trust reviews too! Thank you Phaytea!

4. June 7, 2018 / 9:26 pm

Fantastic tips – finding a good jeweller is important before making purchases.

5. June 8, 2018 / 5:06 am

Great tips Helene. When we visited Cape Town there were many jewelry stores selling real diamonds as well as jewelry. We went in the Government certified store and purchased a diamond ring that was also certified. The store was not too big or fancy but they showed us the whole process how the diamonds are carved and what are the flaws, how the color of the diamond matters. etc . It was a nice experience. 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

• June 10, 2018 / 12:20 pm

Great customer service is always a must! Thank you so much Via!

6. July 19, 2018 / 7:13 pm

Haha, our budget doesn’t include many trips to the jewelry store these days, BUT before the kids were born when we were looking at wedding bands, my hubby and I chose our jeweler based on these things AND the fact that it’s owned/run by a local artisan jeweler who makes her own designs – she and I designed my set together (which I love!!!), and we were proud to support a local business and know that our items were one-of-a-kind!

7. July 19, 2018 / 9:06 pm

What a fantastic rundown! My parent’s have a family jeweler that they have gone to for everything. Such a homey feel in the shop. My husband purchased me a beautiful high end wedding ring that requires certain maintenance to be performed only by their jewelers. I hate leaving my ring with them!! I wish I could have gotten it from the family jeweler!

8. July 19, 2018 / 9:32 pm

You definitely want to make sure you are purchasing from a credible place! All of my expensive jewelry is from Zales. My husband didn’t know much about it when he went to get my engagement ring, but both of our wedding bands, my tennis bracelet, and my mom ring are from there, too. We looked for all these things and wanted a chain store so we could go anywhere to get our rings serviced, which ended up being a good decision since we moved out of state now.

9. July 19, 2018 / 11:50 pm

Great suggestions for what to look for in a jewellers… when you’re spending a lot of money you want to be sure they are reputable!

10. July 20, 2018 / 5:59 am

Perfect timing! My husband recently lost his wedding ring (I know!) and I’m going to get him a new one for his birthday.

11. July 20, 2018 / 8:25 pm

I’ll admit…I’m no good at choosing jewelry. I just like things simple, so I overlook quality items often. This is very helpful for me.

12. July 20, 2018 / 11:56 pm

This is very interesting, I’ve never really thought about those things… Asking for a certificate makes sense actually! Thank you for sharing 🙂

13. July 21, 2018 / 5:15 pm

Good tips. I do no really care about jewelry qualifications but when you spend a lot you will expect alot. Thanks for the post

14. Kayla
    July 22, 2018 / 7:15 pm

I think the certification is the most important in my opinion. So many people want to charge you for something that isn’t real

15. Becca Wilson
    July 24, 2018 / 6:29 am

This is such a great post for people looking for jewelry. I know when we get necklaces or earrings from jewelers we always make sure that they have some sort of warranty for us.