THE TOP 4 HOUSE CLEANING CHECKLIST ITEMS THAT MATTER

THE TOP 4 HOUSE CLEANING CHECKLIST ITEMS THAT MATTER

Did you know that one of the easiest ways to form habits is by making them automatic? This means that, instead of overthinking a certain task, you simply do it fast because you know what to focus on. Believe it or not, this is the best way to keep your home clean too. Most times, we tend to put off simple household duties because of various reasons. It could be work, a busy social life, or plain old procrastination. But, as simple as it sounds, cleaning your home requires a systematic game plan that can be easily effected without having to call in the big guns.

Having a house cleaning checklist is one of the easiest ways to ensure that every single area of your house is clean. A checklist gives you an idea of what you should focus on and get your household on a consistent basis. While chores can be done daily, weekly, monthly or even seasonally, here are 4 house cleaning checking items that matter and need attention every time:

top-4-house-cleaning-checklist-items-matter

Clean and polish surfaces

Surfaces in your home tend to accumulate the most dirt and dust if you fail to keep a keen eye on them. The rule of thumb when cleaning is to ensure that all of the surfaces in your home are cleaned and polished. You can include this on your daily cleaning checklist to avoid dirt build up.

Clean the countertops, the sink, your stove and  the bathroom surfaces as well. The floor can be polished to a tee occasionally through online booking with simplymaids Perth. They will use topnotch products and techniques to ensure that your floors stay sparkling clean till the next polishing session. Remember, the frequency all depends on the type of surface and the activity in your house.

Declutter

Scattered items of clothing, misplaced piles of shoes, discarded toys – that’s all it takes to bring about chaos in your home. Even clean homes can accumulate some clutter, making your space feel small and untidy.

The good news is that you can schedule occasional declutter sessions to rid your house of the ‘I will use this someday’ junk. Create a checklist and work room by room until you make your home neat and tidy again. You can do this by using big bins or baskets that will help you sort through the mess.

top-4-house-cleaning-checklist-items-matter

Vacuum

Thanks to modern-day advancements like vacuums, cleaning your house doesn’t have to be too taxing. And you don’t even have to vacuum every day! Instead, slot this into your weekly or bi-weekly house cleaning checklist. While vacuuming, ensure that the bag is not full so that you don’t end up doing more harm than good. Be sure to cover the whole house, the floors, any upholstered furniture, as well as any crevices that you can’t reach on a daily basis. Your vacuum is designed for efficiency, so take advantage of this.

Dusting

We tend to negate the importance of dusting the house when cleaning up. The truth is that dust is one of the major impurities that plague a majority of households. To this effect, it is important to schedule a dusting session more than twice weekly.

While dusting, go from top to bottom, moving left to right. You can use microfiber cloths or dampened pieces of clothing that can be tied on long brooms and mops. Don’t forget the curtains and blinders, then hit the lights, picture frames, top of the doors and appliances as well as every other knick-knack in your home. Be sure to use glass cleaner for your screens and monitors so that they don’t leave unsightly streak.

What are your tips on making house cleaning easy? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Unsplash

1. July 13, 2018 / 3:21 pm

It definitely helps to have a list when getting into a habit. I love having a clean house, so don’t need a list for this but have used it for other things I wanted to work on.

• July 13, 2018 / 3:22 pm

PS: what helps me with cleaning: having my favorite music on loud throughout the house!

2. July 13, 2018 / 4:22 pm

Decluttering is so important!! Between my husband and 2 kids there is always discarded socks and toys in random places. Tidying that stuff up makes such a big difference in the overall appearance of my home.

3. July 14, 2018 / 6:54 am

Aww the picture with the glitter is like my worst nightmare when it comes to cleaning! Decluttering is a huge part of my routine as is putting things away immediately!

July 14, 2018 / 10:37 am

I always forget the dusting part! It’s so boring haha, so it slips easily out of the mind. This is a great list 🙂

5. Zana
    July 14, 2018 / 11:07 am

Such a lovely tips Helene though I don’t have any when it comes to cleaning my house. I just do it. I don’t think too much about it. 🙂

6. July 14, 2018 / 11:25 am

Seem the clutter part is my reminder to declutter my wardrobe. I have been meaning to clear out some clothes I wont be needing anymore. Its Saturday today and its work free for me. Its also the best time for me to clean the house

7. July 14, 2018 / 9:03 pm

This is a great list. Cleaning is something I love and hate all at the same time. Checklists, however, are my jam!!!

8. July 15, 2018 / 5:53 am

Clutter is what gets out of control at our house. So much stuff! I want to stop accepting hand me downs becuse it makes laundry out of control.

9. Linh
    July 15, 2018 / 6:30 am

Your advice is so helpful! I didn’t know we need all of these items for house cleaning. I’ll definitely consider buying them!

10. July 15, 2018 / 10:55 am

11. Karoliina
    July 15, 2018 / 9:12 pm

I’m quite tidy and I think putting things away as you go about your day keeps the house organised. And not having too much stuff helps too.

12. July 16, 2018 / 7:27 am

This is a really helpful list, well I am in a habit of getting on to the cleaning spree every now and then.

13. July 16, 2018 / 5:55 pm

I’ve been trying to pin down a list of cleaning tasks that become like second nature so that I can just do them without thinking about it or writing out a list. Work in progress. However, my biggest cleaning success as of late? I got a cordless vacuum! Something about not having to unwind the cord and plug it in makes me actually get the darn thing out almost every day! My house is much cleaner for that one small upgrade. 🙂

14. July 16, 2018 / 6:33 pm

I am in the market for new flooring. I think your tools for cleaning help keep your floors nice and clean. Money well spent!

15. July 16, 2018 / 9:50 pm

The only issue with my list is that it never ends! With four children the house is always upside down! Decluttering is the bane of my life!

16. Candy Rachelle
    July 16, 2018 / 10:37 pm

It’s funny that I ran across this site. I promised myself that I would declutter, dust, and vacuum my bedroom. I do all the other rooms in my house and always leave my bedroom for last. And of course I’m always tired by then and say I’ll do it ‘tomorrow’. Tomorrow never comes!!!

17. July 16, 2018 / 11:34 pm

Dusting is something I really need to do and upkeep more! Ha thanks for these helpful tips.

18. Lisa
    July 17, 2018 / 5:23 am

These are some great tips! After reading this I want to start some cleaning haha

19. July 30, 2018 / 5:52 am

I totally agree Helene decluttering makes a lot of difference and just a little dusting makes the place look very clean. I try to do it often but sometimes feel lazy. :-)Thanks for sharing these lovely tips.

Via | http://glossnglitters.com