TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE ON YOUR TRAVELS

TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE ON YOUR TRAVELS

Planning a trip to view the most beautiful and interesting architecture in a country that particularly captures your imagination is an exciting project. Like any other travel plans, you should bear in mind the importance of considerations such as safety and security when you are away from home, to prevent any untoward experiences but also to be able to deal with anything that does arise. Tourists and visitors are often targeted by criminals because they are in an unfamiliar place and may well be carrying valuable items, but it’s not just the possibility of crime you need to think about. There’s also the risk of accidental damage to your belongings, for example dropping your camera or getting your cell phone wet.tips-staying-safe-travels

Security precautions

First of all, look at the recommendations on the travel guides to your destination, so you know if there are any areas to avoid. There should also be information about known criminal activities, for example pickpockets on public transport. If you know what the risks are, then you have a much better chance of avoiding trouble. If you take your laptop abroad, you may be logging into less secure free WiFi spots, leaving you more vulnerable to viruses and malware. Stick to the security protocols you would use at home as much as possible, and don’t share any personal data over an unsecured network. If you should be unlucky enough to pick up a virus or have a problem with your laptop, there are specialist information retrieval services like Secure Data Recovery that can help you recover your files.

Accidental damage

Apparently, it’s very common for phones to slip out into the toilet when visiting the bathroom, so take yours out of your pocket and put it somewhere where it can’t get wet. A soaking used to spell the end for most electronic devices, but the latest technology includes features such as water resistance. Nevertheless, it’s always best to protect your devices from damage by using a protective case and if you’re near the water a waterproof container. The same applies to any tech equipment, money or valuables you have; avoid carrying any more than you need, and make sure you have the items secured about your person at all times. Insurance that covers accidental damage or loss is a good idea, and will help you cover the financial side. However, it won’t prevent the inconvenience and it certainly can’t help you get back the lost data if your device gets stolen.

tips-staying-safe-travels

No one plans to go on vacation expecting to have to deal with unexpected problems or stressful situations, and it’s not that frequent an experience. Your risk level will depend on where you’re going and what you’ll be doing when you get there. Taking precautions to reduce the risk involved is the best way to avoid any problems, so do the smart thing and prepare yourself thoroughly by finding out what you need to know about your destination.
Any kind of loss or breakage on your trip can’t be predicted, but through preparing for the worst you can still enjoy your time away without letting any mishaps take over your trip.

What are your best tips for staying safe on your travels? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Unsplash

1. July 27, 2018 / 4:55 pm

Some really important tips that we tend to ignore. I travel with my family and my husband always does his research and I don’t have to worry. we always avoid being out late at night and we also avoid carrying expensive items. Great post Helene. 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

2. July 29, 2018 / 2:03 pm

These are really useful tips – it’s so easy to forget about practical things like this when you’re travelling!

3. Patricia Chamberlain
    July 29, 2018 / 2:09 pm

These are great tips! It is so easy to forget that there is danger even while traveling to beautiful places. I have a huge fear of being stranded with no working phone, so I always make sure my phone is in a great case and am extra careful with it.

4. July 29, 2018 / 2:56 pm

Thanks for the tips. I ever had problems going on trips as it is usually going home or going somewhere in the same country that I live in.

5. July 29, 2018 / 5:57 pm

Thank you for the tips! I have anxiety and always worry when we go on trips. My husband does take his diligence and researches prior to going anywhere.

6. July 30, 2018 / 2:06 am

These are great tips that I will share with my daughters. They travel extensively around the world and are often doing it solo. It makes me anxious and there can never be enough safety tips shared.

7. July 30, 2018 / 3:07 am

Haha, I always keep my phone in its waterproof case. BUT as I’ve learned the hard way, you also have to periodically inspect the case to make sure the seal is still intact, otherwise your phone will be toast anyway. 🙁

8. July 30, 2018 / 4:14 am

We always do research not just about the country but check out local news and see what’s going on in the areas around the time we go. You can never be too sure when you’re out of your comfort zone!

9. July 30, 2018 / 4:42 am

It’s so true that you need to be careful when traveling. Lately, we’ve been traveling in the states, so I haven’t had to do too much research, but we did look up some of the areas when going abroad last time.

10. July 30, 2018 / 9:15 am

This tips could help me a lot thanks for giving me tips! I love travel also!

11. Tonya Tardiff
    July 31, 2018 / 12:40 am

These are great tips. I have been traveling so much alone lately so I always take extra precautions!

12. August 2, 2018 / 9:03 am

You definitely need to know the security risks wherever you are going to travel. It’s so important because so many people out there will try to take advantage of you when they feel like you stick out.

13. August 3, 2018 / 10:32 am

These are some really cool and amazing tips, Its really important to check therm all out before steeping out. Thanks for sharing!

August 6, 2018 / 11:49 am

These are amazing tips Helene! And all so important to remember when travelling 🙂

15. September 14, 2018 / 3:28 pm

Great tips, it’s always good to check your destination about their safety