THE BEST REASONS TO TRAVEL AROUND INDIANA

THE BEST REASONS TO TRAVEL AROUND INDIANA

Indiana might not be the place that comes to mind when you think about where you should head to and explore next. But maybe it should be because it has a lot more going for it than most people seem to realise. I am going to talk today about the best reasons why you should travel around Indiana and experience first-hand what it has to offer. You might just end up being a little surprised by what you discover.

There Are Plenty of Historic Sites

Indiana is home to multiple war memorials, specially relating to the War of Independence. But there are also memorials to those who fought in more recent conflicts around the world too. So if you have any interest in history, you should definitely check these out. There are also museums which will tell more about the local history if you want to delve even deeper.

best-reasons-travel-around-indiana

The Restaurants Are Great

There are some fantastic restaurants dotted around Indiana. A lot of them are authentic locations that have been there for decades and others are newer, more modern places that serve incredible food. You will definitely be surprised by the food you experience in Indiana because most people probably don’t associate it with a place where you can have impressive dining experiences. So why not make the most of this unexpected joy?

You Can Ride a Gondola in White River State Park

Thanks to those found in White River State Park, you don’t have to go all the way to Venice to ride in a gondola. They slowly glide through the water at this National Park, and it’s easily one of the most impressive you’ll find in this part of the world. Even if you don’t fancy a gondola ride, you’ll still enjoy the location and the park itself, so be sure to visit it.

best-reasons-travel-around-indiana

Indianapolis is One of America’s Most Underrated Cities

One of the best things about Indiana is its biggest city, Indianapolis. This article on what to do in Indianapolis will show you just how much there is there to keep your occupied. And not only is it one of the best cities in the region; it’s also one of the most underrated cities in the whole country. It’s the kind of place that could keep you busy for weeks on end.

The Rural Landscapes Are Beautiful

Finally, you should pause to appreciate the quality of the natural landscapes you’ll find in Indiana. If you spend enough time in nature and taking in all the natural sights, you’ll quickly grow fond of this part of the world. It’s very easy to fall in love with it and not want to leave.

Indiana might not be the sexiest location in the world, but it’s a state with a lot to offer visitors like you. It’s up to you to decide how you’re going to spend your time there, but you surely won’t run out of ideas because it is a lot of fun for visitors and you’ll probably be rushing to fit everything into your plans.

Have you ever been to Indiana? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Unsplash

1. August 8, 2018 / 8:10 am

Helene you are absolutely right that Indiana never comes to mind when we plan trips. This place looks beautiful in your pictures. Will keep this in mind for later. 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

2. August 21, 2018 / 10:36 pm

Indiana is actually a state I have NEVER been to so I appreciate you giving me some insight into the state and why I should go!

3. August 21, 2018 / 11:58 pm

wow, is it really that magical? Look at those landscapes! Gorgeous! I would love to travel to Indiana with my camera and capture all this beauty!!

4. August 22, 2018 / 4:04 am

It’s always fun to find the neat things to do in your home state. I’ve only been to Indiana once (besides driving through) and that was to visit family friends. I didn’t realize there were such great options there. I typically stay in the Southern states.

5. August 22, 2018 / 4:19 am

I can definitely say that I thought of Indiana as a travel destination. It is so beautiful I would never have imagined! 🙂 I had no idea there were so many historical sites there. Great post!!

6. August 22, 2018 / 5:44 am

I have never been to Indiana, but my the sights are beautiful! You definitely took beautiful photos, it looks so surreal. I need to put Indiana on one of my bucket lists!

7. August 22, 2018 / 2:13 pm

Even as a travel writer, Indiana honestly hasn’t been top on the list (I write exclusively about the Southern states). This post with such gorgeous images of Indiana are making me want to visit now. Just beautiful. Great job on this helpful post!

8. August 22, 2018 / 6:13 pm

I love Indiana so much! We went a few years ago to visit some friends. The people are so warm and friendly and its so peaceful and picturesque.

9. August 22, 2018 / 6:24 pm

My brother moved to Indiana recently so we have been exploring some of the sights little by little. LIke the commercials say, there is more than corn in Indiana.

10. Kayla
    August 23, 2018 / 1:07 am

I’ve been to Indianapolis, and it was such a fun time. I went for a family trip when I was younger, and that was one of the stops on our way to the destination:

11. August 23, 2018 / 1:13 am

I went to a conference a couple years back in Indianapolis – I thought it had a lot of charm 🙂 I’d go back!

12. August 23, 2018 / 1:06 pm

Wow Indianapolis looks fab. We have been to the US and Canada alot from over here in the UK but never considered Indianapolis until reading this x

13. August 23, 2018 / 6:29 pm

What a great read! Definitely need to add this to my bucket list summer vacation ideas. I think my kids and husband would love to visit.

14. August 29, 2018 / 12:41 pm

Indiana is actually a state. Few years ago I went there and I had a good experience.