THREE TIPS TO DRESSING FOR COOLER WEATHER

THREE TIPS TO DRESSING FOR COOLER WEATHER

The art of dressing for cool weather can be a very daunting one unlike the summers where you just put on light outfits. Dressing for the cool weather is not just about keeping you warm, but also looking stylish and presentable. Outfits for the cooler weather can be a bit difficult to juggle and it requires some form of keenness just to get everything right. So, to help you in dressing properly for the cooler weather, here are three essential tips you can get to follow.

Try Dressing in Thin Layers

When dressing for the cooler weather, the essential thing to bear in mind is how to insulate yourself comfortably. Even though you do not want to feel cold, you also do not want to feel extra hot and start to sweat unnecessarily. To achieve this balanced and proper insulation, you need to dress in layers and preferably thin layers. Dressing in thin layers will ensure that you achieve just the right body temperature that will be comfortable. Putting on several thick layers of outfits will raise your body temperature fast and make you feel sweaty. It will also restrict your movement because you will feel heavy. Furthermore, if you are heading out for an activity during the cooler weather, it will also be advisable to dress in thin layers so that you do not have your movements restricted. Lastly, ensure that the outer layer is waterproof or water resistant at least to keep you dry all through.

Match With the Occasion

Even though the weather is cool, it is important to still dress for the occasion. Whether it’s a late night date, evening party, indoors party or traveling, it is good to put on outfits that will at least make you look smart, stylish and fashionable. For instance, if it’s an evening casual party, you can wear a long sleeved shirt, a vest or a light tee on the inside and then throw on a nicely designed button front fleece jacket on top. You will turn up smart and warm.

You can also combine the jacket with your scrubs in case you are in the medical profession.

If you are not sure how to dress for a cool weather, then research online or ask from friends who are experts in fashion. Besides, you can also try to think outside the box and try different cool weather styles and see how they fit. The important thing is that you step out of the house looking smart, comfortable and warm.

three-tips-dressing-cooler-weather

Pay Attention to the Extremities

Cold and cooler weathers can be off-putting to almost everyone especially if you are undertaking an outdoor activity. In cool weather, you will be bound to suffer from cold extremities in your hands and feet. So, it is imperative that you keep these delicate parts warm and dry. Wear well insulated and thick gloves on your hands and socks on your feet both indoors and outdoors. If you are into trends, then you can go for the gloves and socks that are trendy and which blend perfectly well with your overall outfit. A nice scarf and a hat are other outfit pairs you should not forget during the cooler weather.

What are your essentials tips to dressing for cooler weather? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Unsplash

1. September 4, 2018 / 7:42 pm

I definitely don’t have to think about that right now – Los Angeles’ hottest month is September. Ugh! I cannot wait until the cooler months arrive!!

2. Kristine Nicole Alessandra
    September 5, 2018 / 1:29 am

Thanks for these tips. Autumn is my favorite season and I can’t wait to “layer-up.” I want to get some nice warm gloves and socks too. Oh, and a new pair of boots would be a nice addition to my wardrobe too.

3. September 5, 2018 / 2:13 am

These tips are going to come in handy for the upcoming fall months. It’s not really hot but it’s cooler so this will be helpful.

4. September 5, 2018 / 3:26 am

We don’t get extremely cold weather here but in the cooler months, I always dress in light layers. I want to be able to easily take off a layer if I get too warm.

5. April Marquardt
    September 5, 2018 / 3:51 am

Goodness this is going to come in handy soon! It gets so cold here and quickly. I am not ready for it yet though.

6. September 5, 2018 / 4:17 am

I can’t wait for the weather to get cooler here in Tokyo. I love to layer – it adds so much more dimension and edge to an outfit I feel.

7. September 5, 2018 / 4:27 am

Layers are so important for the cooler weather in South Texas. We typically have the days that are cold in the morning and evening, but get warm in the middle of the day.

8. September 5, 2018 / 9:58 am

I always go for layers… then you can take a layer or two off when you go inside (or in the middle of the day when it’s a little milder) and put them back on when you go back out.

9. September 5, 2018 / 10:21 am

what a lovely blog, i definitely agree with you in these tips. And I absolutely love the look in this picture, especially the hat!

10. September 5, 2018 / 3:27 pm

We don’t have four seasons but we do have cooler months which is around November to February. I will keep these tips in mind.

11. Christa
    September 5, 2018 / 8:50 pm

I live in the desert and thankfully don’t have to deal with cold weather. When I travel to cooler climates, I always make sure I pack lots of layers.

12. Tonya Tardiff
    September 5, 2018 / 8:51 pm

Dressing for fall weather in D.C. is so hard because of cold mornings and hot afternoons! I always try to dress in thin layers like you mentioned.

13. September 5, 2018 / 9:04 pm

For me it’s so difficult to find the right balance in the fall. I’m either sweating my life away or freezing! Dressing in lighter layers is something I need to try.

14. September 5, 2018 / 9:41 pm

I love the thin layer idea I don’t do this enough and matching for the occasion is also a good suggestion , I keep a spare socks with me at all times now !

15. September 6, 2018 / 3:07 am

These are some great tips especially for the upcoming months! I am also loving your outfit too btw! Where is that hat from? I need it! haha

XO-Lisa