THINGS I LOVED LAST MONTH

THINGS I LOVED LAST MONTH

things-loved-last-monthHello, everyone!

I know we are already at the first half of September and I haven’t shared my ”loving lately” for August, but you know the saying: Better late than never! So, here I am today, sharing with you a few of the things I loved the most, last month. things-loved-last-month

China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan

After reading the first book of Kevin’s Kwan trilogy, Crazy Rich Asians, I was hooked by the rich Asian’s culture and Nick’s and Rachel’s crazy rich life. I haven’t seen the movie yet because I want to read all the three books in advance and that for, this August I got the second book and I will continue also with the 3rd book, Rich People Problems. Well, in the second book, Rachel is about to marry Nick but still, she has to deal not only with her current ”enemies” but also with her past and the family she has never met before. (Rachel has a brother? No way!)

Besides Rachel and Nick, the two main characters, the author also focus on another favorite couple of mine; Nick’s cousin Astrid and her husband Michael. At the end of the Crazy Rich Asians, they started living separately, but after all this time they are back together. Interesting, funny and fascinating as the first one, this second book will make you laugh and cry and it can even impress you with Kevin’s Kwan unusual writing!

things-loved-last-month

Real Fresh Skin Detoxer Set**

Being a member of Althea Angels Beauty Ambassador Community I have the chance to try out new products, even before their official launch. Two of these products I received last month! These are the Real Fresh Skin Detoxer Set, or in other words, the 10-seconds masks. (These new products from Althea, have been launched  in collaboration with ”Get it Beauty”, Korea’s number one beauty TV show).

things-loved-last-month

There are two editions:

1. The Rose: Contains real rose petals, which gently exfoliate the skin and give a light, pleasant fragrance, rose extract, which deeply hydrates and soothes irritations, refines the skin and smoothens rough textures and glycerin, a humectant that attracts moisture to the skin, preventing dehydration.  It is suggested to be used in the morning routine as this mask helps to protect and balance the pH levels of the skin, evening out the skin’s texture creating the perfect canvas to apply your makeup on.

things-loved-last-month

2. The Green Tea: Contains real Green Tea leaves which gently exfoliate the skin and give a light, pleasant fragrance, green tea extract, which contains vitamin C and amino acids to purify and strengthen the skin and as the Rose edition, contains also glycerin. This mask is preferred to use in the evening routine, as the green tea will detox, soothe and nourish the sensitive skin. The mask boosts also the skin’s natural regeneration process at night, when the skin cells are more active,  by ensuring the skin is purified and ready to rest.

Both detoxers, contain gentle bubbles originated from nature and made with coconut extracts. They lather up into a bubbly foam that gently melts away and removes dirt from the pores while ensuring the skin stays calm and healthy. As for the way I use them; it’s so simple. On dry skin, I apply a generous amount into a thick layer. I count until 10 and then with water I massage gently in circular motions. I rinse off with a lot of water and I enjoy my refreshed, soothed and clean face!

The Real Fresh Skin Detoxer set is a part of Althea Exclusives and you can find them now on the website.  You can buy them both together or separately.

things-loved-last-month

H&M Cigarette trousers

H&M is a store I visit every time I go to the city, regardless if I go shopping or just window shopping. Last month I noticed these checked pants, (unfortunately out of stock at the moment) and I paired them with a white t-shirt. The color is light beige with black lines and although it’s made from cotton, contains also elastane and polyester, two materials which make the pants comfortable to wear. I love its ankle length, (perfect for my height) and perfect to wear with any type of shoes as well. I have already styled it with white and black t-shirts, sneakers and flats. For the colder days, a denim jacket or a cardigan will be a great match.

Well, what have you loved lately? Let us know in the comment section below.

Products marked with ** were gifted, but all the opinions expressed are mine, based on personal criteria.

1. September 13, 2018 / 12:25 pm

I have heard a lot about this book. But still have not read it. I will try to read it first before I watch the movie. The Korean skincare is always great. These are looking good. I will try to search here. H&M is my favorite store as well. Lovely post Helene. Have a great day my dear, 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

2. September 13, 2018 / 12:30 pm

I have heard a lot about this book but still have not read it. I will try to read it before I watch the movie. Korean skincare is always so good. These Althea masks look good. I am not sure if these are available here. H&M is my favorite store as well. I always love browsing there. Lovely post Helene. have a great day my dear. 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

3. September 14, 2018 / 1:44 pm

I’ve heard of that book but still haven’t read it, thanks for the recommendation!

Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

4. Alexandra
    September 17, 2018 / 9:26 pm

So many beautiful photos! Love your suggestions, I really need to try these skin detoxer duo.

September 17, 2018 / 9:27 pm

I hear a lot of good things about this book trilogy and I would love to watch the movie. Wonderful photos Helene!

6. September 18, 2018 / 5:14 pm

I have the first book in the series but I haven’t read it yet, happy to hear that you are enjoying the series. Great post! Hope you have a great September.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

7. September 24, 2018 / 11:28 pm

I need to try that skin detoxer duo! They sound so great! And I heard a lot about Crazy Rich Asians, everyone has loved it! Must check it out!

8. September 25, 2018 / 4:08 am

Oh that rose exfoliator sounds wonderful! I like trying to find products with mostly natural ingredients in them.

9. September 25, 2018 / 4:39 am

Ever since I discovered rose-based facial cleansers a few years back, I refuse to use anything else! I absolutely love the clarifying and revitalizing effects that rose has on my skin- plus, the scent is always divine! Will definitely be giving this detoxer a try!

10. September 25, 2018 / 5:09 am

I love H&M – their prices are pretty decent and they have a great variety of stuff

11. September 25, 2018 / 5:46 am

I absolutely loved the movie. I haven’t read the book yet, but I really want to.

12. September 25, 2018 / 7:25 am

ooooooo, that rose skin detoxer looks like it would smell and feel so good to the skin. Was the smell at all overpowering. Thanks for all the details about this!

13. September 25, 2018 / 10:42 am

I am obsessed with checks these days and I am glad that H&M has got a good collection of plaids. And even I love window shopping 😉

14. Christa
    September 25, 2018 / 7:42 pm

I’m going out of town this weekend and need a good book to take with me. I think I’ll grab this one!

15. Becca Wilson
    September 25, 2018 / 8:23 pm

That skin detoxer looks like it would be so amazing! I would love to give that a try.

16. September 26, 2018 / 5:50 pm

I didn’t realize that the movie Crazy Rich Asians was based on a book! I might have to pick that up!

17. September 26, 2018 / 9:44 pm

That book sounds great. I need something new to read…I’ll check it out!

18. Tara Holland
    September 27, 2018 / 4:52 am

I love to read and have heard great things about Crazy Rich Asians. Looks like I need to add that and this new book to my reading list!

19. September 27, 2018 / 3:18 pm

I really need to check out your real fresh products! Those sound amazing and need to get that book too!

20. October 7, 2018 / 5:18 pm

Love these masks too! They are my absolute favourite now. 🙂