FIVE TIPS TO BUYING A NEW BACKPACK

FIVE TIPS TO BUYING A NEW BACKPACK

A backpack comes in handy when you want to carry some of your stuff with you while traveling. This is because it’s much easier to carry a backpack on your back than other types of bags. Besides that, you can literally go anywhere with a backpack. Whether you are a student or a camping enthusiast, a new backpack is your ultimate partner. However, selecting a backpack seems like rocket science. This is due to the fact that backpacks don’t come with a one-size-fits-all design. If you opt for a small bag, you may never have enough space to keep your valuables. On the other hand, a bag that’s too big can be a huge burden to carry. Below are tips that can help you in buying the right backpack.

Waterproof material

Regardless of whether you will be using the bag to carry books or a laptop, it’s important you invest in a backpack that’s made using material that’s resistant to water. Such a feature protects your valuables from being damaged by water. Keep in mind that repairing a device that has been damaged by water is an expensive affair. In fact, a backpack that doesn’t offer protection against water is a looming liability because you will have to budget for the damaged devices or books. The good thing about water resistant backpack is that it’s also easy to clean when compared to other types of bags.

Zips that lock

A backpack that doesn’t have zips that can be locked is not secure. This is because someone can easily open either of the zips and get away with your stuff without being noticed. There is also the risk of someone with ill motives putting illegal stuff in your bag. As a safety precaution, you should opt for a bag that has double zips on every compartment that can be fastened with a padlock. This guarantees that your things can’t be accessed by unauthorized persons.

five-tips-buying-new-backpack

Roomy compartments

When you visit https://www.carryallguide.com/ you will realize that the top rated bags have spacious compartments. Such bags are very convenient because they ensure that you don’t run out of storage space for your things. You should also give priority to a backpack that features several compartments. When you have a bag that has multiple compartments, you can carry books, laptop, and accessories such as CDs, calculator and camera in one luggage.

Double seam edges

A bag that doesn’t feature double seam edges is not economical. This is because it has to be mended after every few months. On the other hand, a backpack that has double stitching on the seams is very durable because the edges can survive from any kind of punishment. Such a bag can last for more than a decade without requiring a replacement.

Comfortable to use

You should invest in a backpack that offers maximum comfort. An ideal bag should come with wide straps that have been padded to make them gentle on your shoulders. The back of the bag should also be padded and fitted with a mesh that allows fresh air to circulate to prevent accumulation of sweat.  You should also confirm that the straps are designed to be adjustable so that you can raise or lower the level of the bag. This helps in ensuring that the weight of the luggage is evenly distributed.

So, what are your tips on choosing the best backpack? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Unsplash

1. September 18, 2018 / 8:37 pm

I haven’t had to buy a backpack since school – and I graduated like 8 years ago! haha!

2. September 18, 2018 / 8:48 pm

I love my backpack! I’ve had it for almost 10 years now and it still works perfectly for me. It’s super comfortable and has a lot of room. I never thought about getting a small lock for it when I am traveling, though!

3. September 18, 2018 / 8:54 pm

Great tips for buying a backpack! I love mine – it goes pretty much everywhere with me!

4. lauren stewart
    September 18, 2018 / 11:39 pm

Backpacks are totally the way to go – I take mine with me everywhere!

5. September 19, 2018 / 12:53 am

Thanks for this. It was so helpful. I’ve been on the lookout for the perfect backpack myself. There’s a lot to consider 🙂

6. September 19, 2018 / 4:18 am

I have bought so many backbacks and hated them but I never go in with an idea in mind! I am totally going to take this list with me when I start looking for one to hike with!! Water proofing is important when hiking!

7. September 19, 2018 / 7:50 am

I really like the idea of getting a backpack. It really reminds me of my time being in high school. Such fond memories.

8. Yiota
    September 19, 2018 / 4:01 pm

I love backpacks, I have so many in different colors and sizes. They are so perfect for every day use, my next purchase will be a red one for winter! x

Yiota

9. September 19, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Oh this is so helpful! Will keep in mind when I next go shopping. x

​​Shang J. |​ Beauterazzi

10. September 20, 2018 / 8:50 am

Thank you for sharing these tips! such helpful tips. Will bookmark it for next shopping trip

11. September 20, 2018 / 4:30 pm

Really top tips here! I thin kthe most important is the waterproof fabric, as when the weather takes a turn the last thing you want is wet clothes etc x

12. September 21, 2018 / 12:20 am

I never thought about having zips that lock. The last time I wore a backpack was when I chaperoned a kiddo’s field trip to a farm. It was brightly colored and had owls on it, LOL.

13. September 21, 2018 / 5:36 am

I’ve been seeing alot of these backpacks everywhere they look so cool! I love your photos so gorgoeus

14. September 21, 2018 / 7:50 am

This is great advice, especially for the back to school season. It’s so important to consider the right type of back for lifestyle and health reasons.

15. September 21, 2018 / 8:14 am

I don’t think I have ever had a backpack that locks. I typically just use a backpack for hiking…but i could see the need while traveling.

16. September 21, 2018 / 11:11 pm

Great tips! I’ve definitely used a backpack when travelling and I’ve had mine for about 10 years. It’s awesome!
    xoxo Ros (ZenHealth.net)

17. September 23, 2018 / 2:00 pm

These are great tips – especially about the zips being lockable if you’re using the bag for travelling!

Hope you are having a nice weekend 🙂 It’s a really sunny and warm day today, we’ve been to the park 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

18. October 4, 2018 / 6:43 am

Great tips Helene! I have a backpack that I carry while I travel. It packs my whole world. I love it. I shop a lot when on vacation and important and costly things I carry myself in my lovely backpack. I have it for a few years now and it is still going strong. 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com