PLACES TO VISIT AND THINGS TO DO IN MANCHESTER

PLACES TO VISIT AND THINGS TO DO IN MANCHESTER

Manchester is one of the biggest cities in the UK, and the third-most visited city after London and Edinburgh. Whether you are planning a city break or an extended stay, there are a lot of places you can visit and plenty of things you can do in Manchester. Here are a few of them: places-visit-things-do-manchester

Galleries and museums

Are you a museum or an art gallery lover? Then Manchester offers a great selection of museums and galleries which you can visit alone or even with your children. The Science and Industry Museum, (entry to the museum is free) is your place to explore ideas that change the world and learn about the people and things represented in ”Objects and Stories” collection, which documents 250 years of discoveries and innovations. The Manchester Art Gallery, which welcomes over half a million visitors each year, is one of the UK’s finest art museums. From the 19th century British paintings to the outstanding collection of Pre-Raphaelite works to the best international contemporary art, there is always something new to discover.

places-visit-things-do-manchester

International cuisine restaurants

A big city like Manchester can offer you a variety of food. When it comes to flavors, what’s better than tastes from different countries found on your plate? The Mr Thomas’s Chop House, at the very heart of Manchester, is an iconic restaurant which offers great British food, made with fresh local ingredients. The Australasia restaurant, offers modern Australian cuisine,  Indonesian, Southeast Asian and Japan flavors as well. The Luck Lust Liquor & Burn brings bold exciting Californian style Mexican food and an extensive range of bottled and canned craft beers. As for the pizza lovers, at Dough Pizza Kitchen you can find a wide variety of pizzas with a modern twist served in a casual setting.

places-visit-things-do-manchester

Places to pamper yourself

One thing I enjoy doing when visiting and exploring a big city, (and I strongly suggest you do too) is to pamper myself. Finding some extra time to take care of my hair or my body is something I really need after a day strolling around, sightseeing and visiting the city’s museums and other interesting places. Massages in Manchester is a must and a great choice, be it a full body or facial massage, a stress relieving massage or a reflexology one. And if you need a ‘total experience’, not just a haircut, you can visit David Rozman salon. In a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, expert hairdressers or colorists help you feel and look your best.

Have you ever been to Manchester? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Pixabay and Unsplash

1. September 27, 2018 / 10:49 pm

I’ve never been to Manchester, but I hope to one day! This post has the wheels in my mind turning with things we could if we plan our next vacation there.

2. September 28, 2018 / 1:44 am

I’ve never known that there was so much to do!

3. September 28, 2018 / 4:13 am

I’ve been to London, but only for a couple of days. We didn’t have the chance to make it anywhere else while we were in the country. We got to try some of the local food and had a good laugh at the things we typically order in the US that were either unknown or unavailable in another country!

4. September 28, 2018 / 7:30 am

Sounds like a trip to Manchester would be a great idea! The galleries and restaurants are calling to me.

5. September 28, 2018 / 11:16 am

Great ideas – I haven’t been to Manchester for many years (I don’t really remember it!) but would love to go again… sounds like there’s lots to do!

6. September 28, 2018 / 5:02 pm

Great travel review! That’s such a wonderful place. the food looks so delish mmmhhm

7. Christa
    September 28, 2018 / 10:31 pm

I’ve been to Manchester, but didn’t spend much time there. Next time
    I’m in the UK, I’ll have to change that!

8. Courtney
    September 29, 2018 / 6:52 am

Ooooooo so many fun things to do! I have never been to Manchester, but I should definitely add it to my travel bucket list!

9. September 30, 2018 / 12:16 am

I have never been to Manchester, but now I would really like to visit! There are so many interesting things to do and see!

10. September 30, 2018 / 1:40 am

I’ve never been out of the States, but I’ve always wanted to venture Manchester. There’s so many things that I’d want to do there, including dining at Mr.Thomas’ Chop House.

11. September 30, 2018 / 8:05 am

Thats such an awesome travel guide….the pictures look great and the food looks yummy

12. October 4, 2018 / 6:29 am

I have never been to Manchester but have visited London once and loved it. You have pointed out some important things . I have never tried pampering myself while on vacation. Great idea! 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

13. Alexandra
    October 9, 2018 / 8:57 pm

I would love to visit Manchester. So many things to do. Never thought of having a day for me while travelling.

October 9, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Manchester looks like a wonderful place. And has so many places to visit, perfect for a short weekend getaway!