HOW TO RAISE A HEALTHY AND HAPPY FAMILY

HOW TO RAISE A HEALTHY AND HAPPY FAMILY

When you are taking on the task of raising your very own family, it is important that you always have health as a primary concern. Making sure both you and your children are getting enough exercise and eating healthy, nutritious food will ensure your whole families well-being and mean you are showing by example how to take care of yourself which will have a positive impact on the attitude your children have towards maintaining healthy habits into their adult lives. In this helpful guide, you will get some ideas of how you can begin doing this and start your family on the road to be happy and healthy people.

Get everyone inspired

A love for exercise and sports, in general, is not something that comes naturally to everyone and if you or a member of your family are finding it hard to get yourselves motivated enough, the best thing you can do is seek out some inspiration. Ticket sale is a website where you can purchase tickets to sports events near you and is a great idea to visit if you are looking for that motivation to get out yourself. Seeing the energy and excitement of a live sporting match or game will have you and your loved ones raring to go outside and enjoy getting active together.

raise-healthy-happy-family

Taking care of mind and body

The benefits of exercise are not just confined to ensuring your physical body is in peak condition because sports can have a positive impact on your mental health as well. By playing sports on a regular basis, your brain will be releasing the chemicals that cause happiness, lifting your overall mood, while also dispelling any excess adrenaline, meaning levels of stress and anxiety are lowered over time. Alongside these somewhat scientific benefits, playing sports with family and friends will also help to strengthen the bond between you all and bring you closer together as a unit. The sense of togetherness can be really beneficial, especially to your children as they grow up an have to deal with the trials and tribulations of being a teenager.

raise-healthy-happy-family

Eating right

Of course, when it comes to being healthy, exercise is only one piece of the puzzle as you need to make sure that you are all eating in a healthy way as well. By learning what to eat before and after exercise you will ensure that going out for a game of football or a run in the park will never leave you drained of energy, but instead invigorated and able to enjoy the fresh air and quality time spent together. Before going out for some exercise, you should try and eat food rich in carbs as these will give you the energy to push yourself and get the best results possible. When you’re done, try and eat a proper, balanced meal such as grilled chicken and vegetables or a sandwich with whole wheat bread and iron-rich spinach.

Raising a healthy family can be a lot of fun once you know how to get motivated.

What are your tips on raising a healthy and happy family? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Unsplash

1. Marjie Mare
    September 30, 2018 / 7:28 pm

That is a very inspiring post. It is so important to take care not only of the body but the mind as well. Thanks so much for sharing those great tips.

2. September 30, 2018 / 10:32 pm

Make sure you don’t leave the spiritual out of the equation

3. October 1, 2018 / 4:12 am

It’s so important to lead by example. I know that I have always made smart choices in picking my children’s meals and snacks. Once my oldest was old enough to really express himself, I began to realize what bad decisions I was making for myself. That made all the difference for my husband and I and we have really changed the way we eat!

4. October 1, 2018 / 5:07 am

These are some of the same ideals we are trying in raising my boys. My husband and I looked at taking them to the local high school football game this past weekend but the weather wasn’t great. We took our bikes to the playground today, and do our best to eat well. It’s so important to take care of ourselves and lead by example for the kids!

5. October 1, 2018 / 10:32 am

What a great post – raising a healthy family is so important. Luckily our daughter is very sporty so is always exercising – but I think that’s probably because she has grown up watching me run races and hubby go out cycling regularly… I definitely think children follow their parent’s example.

6. October 1, 2018 / 11:35 pm

Great tips! My son and I are on track with eating right but his dad is not. He’s the only person in the family who doesn’t eat veggies lol

7. October 2, 2018 / 4:54 am

I love these ideas. It’s super important to eat right so you can keep your body healthy.

8. October 2, 2018 / 6:49 pm

these are the same ideals we raise our children by!

9. Tonya Morris
    October 2, 2018 / 7:12 pm

This is such a great post. Taking care of yourself first is so important in order to take care of those around you! It all comes back to a strong mind and body!

10. October 2, 2018 / 11:33 pm

I always have my family’s health in mind! I don’t play (or watch) team sports, but that doesn’t mean we don’t exercise. Our favourite activities are riding bikes, hiking and in summer swimming. We live near the woods and the lake, and we don’t chicken out in bad weather!

11. October 4, 2018 / 6:08 am

This is such an inspirational post Helene. We eat healthy no doubt about it, but when it comes to some exercise I am a little lazy I have to say that. I try to use treadmill as often as I can and also when at home I try to get up every hour and walk in the house for sometime. But seriously exercise is needed for us. 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com