EUROPEAN SKIING DESTINATIONS

EUROPEAN SKIING DESTINATIONS

Europe is an amazing skiing destination. There is at least one venue to enjoy the ski almost in every European country. Although I am not an avid ski lover, I do enjoy a weekend getaway in a snowy mountain with good company. Switzerland, France or Austria are some of the countries that offer you the best skiing destinations.

Austria

Vienna, the capital of Austria, is being regarded as the City of Music and is also the largest city of Austria. That for, Vienna might be the first to come in mind when speaking about Austria. But when it comes to winter holidays and locations for beginners or expert skiers, you can find in Austria some of the best skiing destinations and resorts.

Saalbach Hinterglemm is one of the largest ski areas in Austria with its numerous pistes and the snow-covered slopes.

european-skiing-destinations

St. Anton is another charming ski resort and a part of Austria’s biggest lift-linked area. But life in St. Anton doesn’t stop in the pistes, as the pedestrian zone calls for nightlife or for shopping.

https://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/austria/st-anton is all you need, your one-way destination to unforgettable winter holidays in St. Anton.

Switzerland

Switzerland and its skiing locations are famous around the world. Gstaad is one of the most luxurious ski resorts in Europe and one of the largest ski areas in the Alps. Although it’s a small village with a population of about 9,200 people, it is known for the mountain air, its luxury hotels, the picturesque promenade full of designer shops, restaurants, art galleries as well as its walking and hiking winter trails.

european-skiing-destinations

Zermatt is famed as a mountaineering and ski resort of the Swiss Alps. Also known as the “diamond” of the Alps, it is a favorite destination of the international jet set. Zermatt is famous for its excellent skiing facilities and its high gastronomy, as it has the highest density of gourmet restaurants in the world.

France

One of the world’s most famous winter destinations located in France is Chamonix Mont Blanc. From the mountain, the view is just overwhelming and the cosmopolitan atmosphere accompanies the ultimate beauty of the natural landscape. Old time classic luxury, five-star hotels with swimming pools and spas, gourmet restaurants, everything guarantee magical days and nights. At Chamonix, you can find the best ski and snowboard schools, excellent infrastructure on the slopes, slaloms on 160-km slopes, boardercross slopes and amazing fun parks.

european-skiing-destinations

Last, but not least, on our list is Courchevel. Built on 4 different levels, at 1,850 altitudes, the name of Courchevel has become synonymous with the good skiing and a cosmopolitan, luxury life. With ski tracks for every level, hiking activities in the snow, and hotels with direct access to the slopes, your skiing experience will never be the same.

Which is your favorite European skiing destination? Let us know in the comment section below.

Images free at Unsplash

1. October 30, 2018 / 5:56 pm

Such beautiful sights Helene !
    I’ve been to Zermatt but not to skii 🙁

2. November 9, 2018 / 1:10 am

Wow! This looks just absolutely stunning and beautiful. I would love to visit this place so much.

3. Ally Jones
    November 9, 2018 / 1:39 am

This seems like it would be the perfect vacation spot for anyone who loves skiing.

4. November 9, 2018 / 2:42 am

I’m not a big skier.. Honestly, I don’t like the cold (and I live in Wisconsin… haha). But the views are stunning!

5. November 9, 2018 / 4:40 am

Goodness these places look gorgeous! I’ve never been skiing on the snow, and never lived in the snow, but I love how pretty it looks!

6. Joshua
    November 9, 2018 / 6:43 am

Ok those all look like incredible places to visit in the wintertime. I can’t wait to get on my snowboard this winter 🙂

7. Jennifer
    November 9, 2018 / 6:57 am

It has always been a dream of mine to go to europe…. now it is a dream of mine to go skiing in europe. These are gorgeous locations

8. November 9, 2018 / 10:46 am

I’ve skied in both Austria and France (lots of times) but haven’t tried Switzerland yet… I love Courchevel – definitely my favourite ski resort!

9. November 9, 2018 / 6:36 pm

These are some amazing places! I had the chance to visit Viena during the Christmas faires! It’s amazing!

10. Christa
    November 9, 2018 / 7:40 pm

Reading this makes me want to hop on a plane! I’m not much of a skier, but sitting in a ski lodge in Europe sounds amazing. My husband is European, so we go at least once per year. All of our trips so far have been during warmer months. Maybe we should plan a winter trip!

11. November 10, 2018 / 6:57 am

I’d love to go skiing in Switzerland or Austria. I’m actually hoping to go to Europe after Christmas so I’ll have to keep these places in mind!

12. November 10, 2018 / 2:50 pm

Oh wow how lovely are these ski places. For me I would have to say Switzerland really is the stand out one xx

13. November 11, 2018 / 4:42 am

I knew that Austria had some pretty amazing spots when it came to skiing. I have always intended on going out and getting lessons, but I think I would take on something a little easier before going there. Does look incredible there though.

14. Neely Moldovan
    November 12, 2018 / 3:38 am

It would be a dream to ski in Europe some day! These places sound amazing

15. November 13, 2018 / 3:50 am

I am not one for skiing but the scenery is just gorgeous. Wonder if the lodge has hot cocoa? If so I’d be posted up in my cutest ski-worthy outfit, sipping like I am really there to do something. lol